Blend Modes

I was looking at some paper.js features and found something that is very cool and could change a lot of things. I don’t exactly understand everything to do with Color blending but it does have some really cool effects.

I made I small project (that uses my custom clone) that allows you to loop through all the blend modes that paper.js provides. Press W to go to the next blend mode
CustomObjClone11-14-2021_12-20-13.wick (2.5 KB)

I think it also should allow you to do do this

To do it with a clip with a single object (and once you do it you can break the clip apart and it will still work) you can use this code. Just change the “normal” to any of the following

‘normal’, ‘multiply’, ‘screen’, ‘overlay’, ‘soft-light’, ‘hard- light’, ‘color-dodge’, ‘color-burn’, ‘darken’, ‘lighten’, ‘difference’, ‘exclusion’, ‘hue’, ‘saturation’, ‘luminosity’, ‘color’, ‘add’, ‘subtract’, ‘average’, ‘pin-light’, ‘negation’, ‘source-over’, ‘source-in’, ‘source-out’, ‘source-atop’, ‘destination-over’, ‘destination-in’, ‘destination-out’, ‘destination-atop’, ‘lighter’, ‘darker’, ‘copy’, ‘xor’

this.activeFrame._children[0].view.item.blendMode = "normal";
1 Like

There is a difference with how the objects are layered
This is using the difference blend mode
The one on the right has the purple ellipse above the square and the one on the left has the purple ellipse under the square

3 Likes