Developers add LukeTools.js to your Forks

I’ve turned the LukeTools V4 bridge itself into a standalone editor-level JavaScript file , so Stickmanred, Candlestick, or another Wick fork can load LukeTools automatically instead of requiring the .wickobj in every project.

Instructions are inside.

The standalone file is the full LukeTools 2.8.12 bridge, not a placeholder loader:
LukeTools_AutoLoad_Package_GPT.zip (41.4 KB)

2 Likes

How I put it in wick?

its really easy actually! just extract the .zip file, add the .wickobj file to your project, place it on the canvas, click “Preview Play,” and you’re all set! LukeTools will be ready for you to use.
image,

Thank you🥹👍

This version is not the one used for injecting. It’s supposed to be added into the fork.

Ah. My fault for this misunderstanding.

Hi Shanetta, The latest drag onto desktop version of Luke Tools is here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18291WNCpIiKEn4E1hOJNweXjLoe4GcAK/view?usp=drive_link

  1. Download the file.
  2. Open any version of Wick for desktop / browser.
  3. Upload to the Asset Library
    image
  4. Drag onto the stage and hit play then pause.
    image
  5. The LukeTools Tab will show on screen.
  6. You can delete the LukeTools icon after that.
  7. Some people save the setup as their startup file.

L

Hey, @lukeo25, I recommend you take a different way so we can simplify the implementation of LukeTools into Candlestick.

You should turn the LukeTools into a simple, modular system which is built into a single file. Then you use Git and GitHub to host the repository.

After that, Candlestick would include the LukeTools as a git module which will be linked into Candlestick.

i don’t think we have any plans of adding luketools into candlestick. the philosophy of candlestick (simplicity, beginner UI) is fundamentally different from what luketools aims to achieve (power tools, as far as I can tell).

that’s not to say that luketools shouldn’t exist or you cannot create a fork of candlestick that includes luketools baked in, just that it should not come pre-packaged with candlestick itself.

Hi Noobfield, I deliberately used a lightweight bridge with separate behaviour scripts so the Wick integration stays stable while each tool can be developed, tested and updated independently. That keeps the system modular, reduces the risk of one tool breaking another, and makes debugging much easier. If a single file is required for deployment, the separate modules can still be bundled into one distributable file without losing that architecture. I supose I could grab some of the more stable scripts and add them to a js but I don’t want to many Github areas contend with - I already have 19.

It won’t let me open it

What won’t let you open it?
It isn’t a wick file.

All I needed was access dude-

I asume you don’t have a gmail account. Here is the object in a zip file. LukeToolsV4-ForDesktop.zip (42.1 KB)

Also disappears when doing on something else

What are you meaning?

On another project.

It has to be loaded for each project it isn’t permanent. It cant be due to the way Wick is built.
L

Thanks you you just made my day thanks