Forum fighters Old HQ

Why does every arena need its own layer? why not put arenas on seperate frames?

That is good, by that date (Oct 18th), I could collab and deliver 4 to 5 more arenas.

Starting from the top down, we find the first 7 people who want to be a character, assuming the team leaders are in the top 7. If 1 person doesn’t want a character, for example, 8th place can be a character.

This invitation was closed a while ago. @subtra3t maybe gets an exception. Nobody should be allowed to come to help. I know it sounds cruel, but we can’t handle 20 people.

Keep track of this so you know where you are.

If we put arenas on separate frames, we’ll have extra “unused” frames that would slow the project down. I was thinking layers would help organize the arenas, and one frame so that we could remove the useless arenas, which hopefully would make this project faster

EDIT: ignore this post

I’m pretty sure the large majority of the lag comes from when things are on one frame. On different frames there is pretty much no lag. That’s what I experienced when I tried making my first platformer engine. It didn’t even make it into the forum because the level editor was so laggy (before the collisions were there), but on the title frame there was no lag.

1 Like

Yea, you have a point.

Should we add a new frame to the current arena? (The current arena is a clip)
Or just add a new frame to the whole project?

I’ll try to test this more

1 Like

From my experience, rendering is always the hardest processes for a computer to do. So I’m pretty sure that rendering objects is the biggest cause of all the lag. It would also be kind of dumb if Wick Editor rendered frames that weren’t even active and so wouldn’t even appear on screen. And the developers aren’t dumb. So I don’t think non-active frames would cause lag.

P.S.: in a raycasting article[source] i read, the author said that most of the slowdown comes from the CPU/GPU having to give the graphical information to the video card which i think handles what you see on screen?

3 Likes

what happend to invation to fight

there were too many people so they closed it

oh thats why i could not go on the forum for 4 days

i suggested on putting a keyword so we can use the search feature to find topics that have a version of the forum fight game associated with it

no you couldn’t go on the forum for 4 days because there was a problem with the servers

2 Likes

oh :expressionless:

Another good tip, from my experience, try to minimize the use of the brushes. The way that WickEditor handles the brush traces is inefficient for some reason. When I started to develop the Arena, it was a different one with a lot of brushes traces/lines, etc… the perfirmance was pretty bad. Instead, I deleted it, and then started that one using shapes… like circles, rectangles, etc… As you noticed, that stage/Arena, has a good performance.

Hmm, I wish I knew this earlier. Almost all my project use nothing but the brush tool
(The brush tool is just one of my favorites I guess)

Yea, I scrolled to find the latest one, this is the latest file. Like @pumpkinhead said, ctrl+f the version to find it

A good solution for the first Arena is to export the entire Arena as a Vector Drawing, and then use a converter to PNG, and import that back to the editor. You will definitely notice a significant improve in terms of performance.

you don’t have to download dropbox to use it

oh hey dashell

tada!
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 6.13.52 PM