Forum fighters Old HQ

That’s because I didn’t put it in the code yet to make it so it behaves that way.

1 Like

Yea, he didn’t add it in yet

1 Like

ohhh oops sorry :stuck_out_tongue:
i have school now so i’ll catch you guys later

Why is the latest version named Wicked Legends? I thought we agreed on Forum Fighters. And also I think Wicked Legends is too cool of a name I guess i mean like edgy or something idk. I mean if we named it that it makes the game seem bigger than it really is like it has multiplayer and Season 1 Season 2 and 9021 characters and a story mode than spans 900 hours.

1 Like

My character’s eyes aren’t that far apart

1 Like

we can’t call it forum fighters as its infringing on the name, forum fight which was something from runescapes, so yeah. Maybe Wicked Fighters?

1 Like

I thought only forum fight was the infringing thing. Besides I don’t think “Forum Fighters” is copyrighted. And I just found out I don’t agree with any name with “Wicked” in it, because wicked means evil. And we didn’t say that they’re fighting cuz they’re evil or something.

Anyway I’m going to start working on the thing now

@awc95014 is it left gate if you can only enter it from the right? or is it left gate if you can only enter it from the left?

xGate is when it is only solid on x. so leftGate is solid on the left.

1 Like

@awc95014 how did you originally implement one-way blocks? i don’t really understand how your code works. you said in the comments if target hits the left/right/up/down then it acts as a solid. but what if the player stops while going through the one-way block? what if the player starts going backwards?

commented version. i didn’t put the description in the engine yet, so i might do that idk.

// find distances between the object's and the target's centers
    var widthDist = (object.width + target.width)/2
    var heightDist = (object.height + target.height)/2

// if the target hits the left (example used)
    if(target.x + widthDist > object.x && // target is completely left of object
       target.x + widthDist < object.x + target.xv + 0.1 && // velocity will make player go through during the next frame
       target.y + heightDist > object.y && // target is not above
       target.y < object.y + heightDist) { // target is not below
        target.x = object.x - widthDist // place target on edge of object
        if(target.xv > 0) { // if target is moving right
            target.xv = 0 // stop target
        } // if target was moving left w/o this part, it would be stopped upon crossing through
    }

maybe there are some super-corner-cases where you can clip through the wall but i’m not that concerned about that happening.

ffversion not required to specify the version
or wlversion i think someone used wicked legend version instead of fversion once so i have to put that there

I did the oneway blocks in player 1. I changed some player code in the x collision and y collision area (lines 51-64 and 77-98 of the Update script, respectively) but I didn’t reflect this change in the player 2 clip. Can someone do that for me? It’s not a lot of code so I don’t know why I won’t do that myself. Also why can’t player 2 jump anymore? It wasn’t me I swear! I think it was Baron

Oh the demonstration platforms are too low for some characters to go under i only used pumpkinhead when testing with the demonstration platforms idk why i wasted my time pressing the right arrow to select pumpkinhead when testing

Oh right forgot to show how to specify a block to be a semi-solid

You have to make a default script in a block that says:

this.type = "leftGate" || "rightGate" || "upGate" || "downGate" || "spike"

don’t actually put all those logical or operators those are just the choices you can put

the platforms are behaving weird. upgates are not allowing left or right passage either, they only allow passing through from below. the jumping is still normal in the previous version.

idk pkhead kinda sus

ok i’ll change that

I tried fixing it but the platforms are kinda glitchy now. Sometimes when I land on an up gate I fall through after landing on it. I also have to do my school homework a lot so @awc95014 can you please fix it? The relevant code is in the xCollision and yCollision functions in the funcs layer.

I guess maybe Wick Fighters?

We used to use that name until I said that it isn’t really about Wick Editor and more about the people on the forums and also legal

wait did we use it? well i remember we at least thought of using that name

At the moment I’m just confused, were 50% through this game & I still don’t know the name

Do we have a name already decided? Just let me know what it is plz & thnx

The Forumation Battles! That could be the name!