Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

hey thats osk! I know him im in the Tetr.io discord and also I’m a, pretty good player of Tetr.io!
cough cough SS player 22000 TR :blush: cough

1 Like

Ok so, I don’t know if anyones figured out how the AI would work for this and I know that its pretty early in the games development to be talking about this stuff, but, would it be possible to use Finite State Machines (look it up if you dont know what I’m saying) in the form of “If statements” to write the AI, I know that many variables would have to be put into all those to account for all those situations and gameplay styles but could it work or is there a way better way to write the AI that I am unaware of. Maybe bulletin this idea for when all the characters are done if this would work well.

@Watrmeln
I think he wanted us to replace him with someone else. That’s the only reasonable thing I can think of, other than just removing the part of the story he’s in.

off topic

@Slippo

Finally, a worthy opponent, our battle will be legendary!

Oh my god you’re good! Screenshot 2021-08-07 11.26.57 PM

It’s code.
the way it works (if I remember correctly)

Example:

Scernigma 85

The way it works that that number is to correspond to the letter In the made-up word

The 8th letter of scernigma is M and the 5th is N

so let’s say that there are 5 words In an example sentence

(1st word)(2nd word)(3rd word)(4th word)(5th word)

if scernigma turns up in an odd words like 1 3 or 5 then the first definition (M) is used
if on an even number 2 or 4 the second definition (N) will be used

this goes for all “letters”

we could have him die for the story?
add emotion?

note:
if anyone has a lot of free time.
could you help organize
the code with their respective letters?
(because im a dum and lost a pair of numbers for scemx…)

that’s a little dark, don’t you think? we’re basing this character off a real person who could just decide to visit the forum and realize we’re plotting to kill him (not really but the point stands).

Up to perspective but I see your point…

We could just have Hamzah and Mojad as a cameo easter egg, it doesn’t have to be like that…

Also hey ho, I finally finihsed my overdue homework. I am going to make use of the last of August for whatever I want! GYAHAHAHAHAH~! ♪

Now to catch up on what on earth I was missing.

3 Likes

just checked out ff and saw HOW professional it looked almost as if it were a AAA game Good work everyone. sad that I couldn’t help at all.

2 Likes

So I’m attempting to merge my update with watermeln’s first, since it’ll be a hassle to deal with later on.

I made some more sound effects, although I do need all of your thoughts on the low-dmg hit sound effects.
‘The link is me, click me :0’

1 Like

I already merged them

Also SURVEY TIME!!!
Do you like the new almanac i created?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sorta

0 voters

I mean the update that I AM trying to add, the SFX and TryoByte update I’m working on. I will add Jumbleton once I finish.

Oooooh. Sorry!
also there may be some missing anims, not sure
this is the latest jumbleton file

1 Like

it’s good overall, but I do have a few complaints.

• some of the text is absolutely unreadable.
  • the controls should be somewhere else less hidden, like in the settings (for changeable keybinds)

if we wanted to make it super cool, we could make a page turn effect, but with text and other stuff on each of the pages, that would probably be very hard.

oh yeah, we have a typo in the credits… (there’s probably more but i didn’t check)

(if you don’t see it, we misspelled “official” as “offical”)

3 Likes

thats what i made it for
My Project8-13-2021_13-25-41.wick (3.7 KB)
i also made this prototype key changer

1 Like

Hey @mlgcoolguys_1, may you please give me a sketch or drawings of your ideas for your character’s attacks? I can continue animating him, but I don’t want to make some attacks up by myself without your consent.

alright :3 gimme a sec

1 Like

I believe I can easily incorporate this along with the update. The sfx and fighter animations will be alot of work, so I think I could animate jumbleton’s animations first while I wait for TryoByte.

I’ll continue this tomorrow…

1 Like

Please do note that is a prototype
I also found some sounds from osu!lazer that sounded nice for the keybinder
(not sure if copyrighted)
sound.zip (47.9 KB)

I think it is better if I make the sound effects for it myself… Meanwhile you could try using some software for making the sound effects like LabChirp or BFXR or the software you used for making music.

Meanwhile I have done some... creative liberties(??) so that Watermeln's design is still stylized but crude... or I just directly copied it...
2 Likes