Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

Just 2 things i wanted
Realistic eyes (black pupils in the middle of the green)
5 Fingers

1 Like

I have one question, so I used the keybinds thingy in my game, and it has a starting screen, and in the starting screen there is a settings button, but when u start the game it has no key binds set until you enter the settings screen, but if I enter the code that loads the keybinds on a load thing it will just change it back to default

2 suggestions

1. temperi as a quickplay fighter
  2. a new element of story, and a new element of choice
    as you may know, every fighter has different stats, but temperi is just temperi. Here’s where my idea comes in.

By the time the events of our story takes place, humans have found a way to artificially increase their abilities with body mods. At the beginning of a story mode battle, temperi can choose a mod to enhance one stat from her base., one for attack, one for jump, one for speed, and one for less knockback.

2 Likes

Does anyone have an answer? And sorry I don’t wanna waste you guys time

1 Like

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm
yeah… i dont know about that one…

1 Like

ok doesn’t matter

1 Like

Maybe her special atk can allow Temperi to switch between these mods? Your idea doesn’t sound too complicated to implement, although I want to suggest another idea: specializing Temperi’s special attacks (haha) in more “bullet hell”-esque attacks.

If we go that route, her bullet-hell attacks may be weak, but it can take in fair formations/patterns (as in it is not just an enormous magic wall of bullets that is impossible to dodge).

Not only that, but her special attack duration will be longer than normal to prevent spamming and force timing on the player.

1 Like

As Watrmeln requested:
I made the iris small. Should it be bigger? (I only made it smaller because it looked weird for me)
GIF 8-19-2021 5-37-56 PM

So far I did not put too much effort in animating Jumbleton. I’m going to work on the attack animations then.

I’ve delayed this update for too long. This is unfortunate. I do need your opinions on the fighter descriptions that I have chosen for the almanac in the meantime:

4 Likes

It’s…
IT’S BEAUTIFUL
Also, the descs look great but i see you re/moved the how to play section, so i propose something for people who don’t like reading but allows us to keep the section
The quick start guide
qsg8-19-2021_9-31-41.wick (12.7 KB)
we can make it so that pushing a button switches the books between the quickstart and full almanac
@KringlePrinkles

2 Likes

I like the idea you’re proposing, although this gives me another idea that could add on to it:
We can probably use the same frame to keep the collectibles, achievements, and your quickstart guide. We’ll just add a clickable button to switch between them.

Meanwhile MWAHAHA, I’ll continue the attack animations tomorrow!

4 Likes

Hey is there a way I could help on this project?

We should rename the almanac on the main menu screen to “library” if we include things like achievements in the menu

3 Likes

note:
recommend system that when you click on a profile you get sent to a page with a more detailed stats and description

toria description

Toria:
As a pilot, she flies where eagles dare and can never seem to keep her feet on the ground for long. she’s a light weightier AND toughie. while deadliest up in the sky, she’s a little restricted tied to the ground.

beyond is an example for extra info

As a pilot, she flies where eagles dare and can never seem to keep her feet on the ground for long. she’s a light weightier AND toughie. while deadliest up in the sky, she’s a little restricted tied to the ground.
however, she’s not completely defenceless grounded, as she is the only character able to use both block and Reflects.
try to take fights to the floor and use melee often

stats:
health: 90%
speed: 100%
weight (KB): 50%
fall speed: slow
jump height: 140%
air strafe control: 150%
any resistance?
yes, 20% while midair

block style?
dodge and reflect

special attacks;
<>

note1: percentages are based on baron stats
note2: dmg percentages are ADDITIVE
note3: Block: receive less dmg dodge: ignore some dmg sources reflect: Reflect projectiles

2 Likes

I wish I could help but I’m not talented enough at coding or animating

I forgotten how useful smears are for quick movement.
GIF 8-20-2021 8-16-30 PM

I think I might have made this into a special side attack… Or I could alter the timing and make it a little faster?
GIF 8-20-2021 8-14-01 PM

I might have overdone the ‘technicolor punch’ side attack, so I’m considering animating a simpler version of this.

4 Likes

YESYESYES

NONONO

Just want to say that on the character select, the background color for jumbleton should be the color of his shirt, just a very tiny smidge darker

1 Like

Alright.
I wish to propose a team name/brand
Sourcery softworks

• This should be our name
  • I have/like another idea for a name
  • I think we should stay nameless or as Project Forum Fighters

0 voters

2 Likes

i don’t think the name is perfect, but i don’t have a better idea (i don’t have any idea for that matter), so for now i think this fine.

Tryo block ideaUploading: Untitled4.png…

could you try uploading again? looks like you sent the message before it actually uploaded.

1 Like