Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

I’ll just make a poll for our main Plot of the story and I will quote my original post for reference (and ease of access):

So far I think i have found 3 important details needed for the main plot:

1. Basing of TyroByte’s story, at the start of the game our OCs are making a project
  2. There is a problem that broke our fictional software, SwiftStyle Animator, and that must be addressed; we have some ideas for it but I’m unsure which one all of us agree on
  3. The problem must fix the software

Now what I want to know is what the problem SHOULD be. We can mix and mash some ideas so that they can connect, but we all must agree on the cause of the software breaking.

So vote:

• a feature in the software, the AI of uiAdapt, has a bug that needs to be fixed, because the AI is unkowingly breaking SwiftStyle Animator
  • a hacker stole the software and changed it to his/her liking, and got cocky. So they decided to mess with our OCs by having them play in a digital arena with him/her
  • a JS Library has malware, due to it being either a virus in disguise and downloaded from an unsafe source. This caused it to be gamified and is slowly corrupting SwiftStyle Animator
  • some nutcase unleashed an AI that targeted SwiftStyle Animator as its first target

0 voters

All of these problems will involve our OCs fighting through a barrage of malware/attacks/viruses, whatever they are, and fixing the problem at the end, allowing the devs of SwiftStyle Animator to patch it! Just vote on which problem is the best in your opinions.

We’re still using TyroByte’s story, but I just wanted all of your opinions on what could be a good problem for our characters to tackle. If you all have a better idea, help yourself and post here

um, where do the character clips come from? (sorry it’s been a while, i was also working on something else simultaneously)

this is the code related to getting the character clips

i don’t know what it’s doing, doesn’t help that it’s not commented at all. i kinda want the character clips so i can add a frame for the placeholder attack. @awc95014 if you coded this please tell me where the character clips are. actually i don’t think you programmed this, i don’t think you use UpperCamelCase for argument names.

the character clips are from another frame and their under the screen

1 Like

the clone concept is from @Hamzah_Al_Ani and I think the rest is from @Jovanny. I have little-to-no idea what it does. Can you two help pkhead out?

1 Like

Yes, the player clips are on a different frame.
Jovanny helped turn this code into an easy to use function.
Here’s the code with some comments on the side:

/*
The first function will go to a frame, create a clone of an object, 
set it to clone1, add it to the children array of the frame it wants 
it to go to, then in that frame clones it to make clone2, then it
removes clone1 from the other frame, and removes the other object from the 
array of the frame it was added to, keeping only clone2.

The second function will just return the frame with the most 
children (or objects/ paths) in a specific layer.
*/
window.cloneClipHere = function(FromFrame, ToLayer, childIndex) { // First function
    let clone2 = null;
    let cDel = null;
    let toFrame = project.timeline.getChildren('Layer')[ToLayer-1].activeFrame; // Refer to the active frame of the layer where the clone should go to
    let clone1 = FromFrame._children[childIndex].clone(); // Set clone1 to the clone of the wanted object
    toFrame.addChild(clone1); // Add the object to the frame
    clone2 = toFrame._children[toFrame._children.length-1].clone(); // Set clone2 to a clone of that object (found at the end of the children array)
    cDelFromFrame = FromFrame._children[FromFrame._children.length-1];  // Set cDelFromFrame to clone1
    FromFrame.removeClip(cDelFromFrame); // Remove clone1 that we made from that frame
    cDelToFrame = toFrame._children[toFrame._children.length-2]; // Here we subtract by 2, because subtracting by one would set it to clone2. This refers to the child added in line 6
    toFrame.removeClip(cDelToFrame); // Remove it
    return clone2; // Keep and return clone 2
};

window.getFrameWithMoreClips = function(FromLayer) { // Start of another function
    let frameArray = project.timeline.getChildren('Layer')[FromLayer-1].frames; // Set frameArray to an array of all the frames on the wanted layer
    let maxFrame = null; // Let the maxFrame equal to null
    let maxCount = 0; // Let the maxCount equal zero 
    for (let frame of frameArray) {
        if(maxFrame === null) { // If maxFrame is null (which it is by default)
            maxFrame = frame; // By default, let the first frame it encounters the maxFrame
            maxCount = frame._children.length;  // Set the count to the number of children in that frame
        }else {
            if(frame._children.length > maxCount) { // If the frame has more children than the maximum count
                maxCount = frame._children.length; // Set the maximum to that frames total children
                maxFrame = frame; // Set the maximum frame to that frame
            }
        }
    }
    return maxFrame; // Returned the frame with the most children in that layer
};
2 Likes

-_-

-o-/ * yarwn *

Time to undo days of work and speculation with part 2

1 Like

revamped it
My Project3-25-2021_9-04-27.html (2.2 MB)
My Project3-25-2021_9-04-21.wick (108.0 KB)
(it’s also interactive!)

(info you need to know but can’t tell right know, will tell later in story.background info the glitch, he came from the same world as the main character, the main character is a advanced game maker and the glitch was a mini ai that was corrupted when he was trashed. After coming back from the trash he came back forrevenge. After a long fight between creator and creation, he (yes,he’s a he) Walks up to you slowly and talks for a way before he hangs you over the information highway, wanting to make you lost in all the 1s and 0s. But before he does he removes all your memories, just as an extra measure.
After you fall into the information highway you are tossed and turned but due to pure luck you are thrown into (insert forum name here) and meet baron where the story begains)

“STOP” Pumpkinhead yells. he rushes over,
“That asset library is INCREDIBLILTY CORRUPTED, and i don’t even know how its even possible!” Tryo says, clearly annoyed
sounds of cracking
“oh good lord its breaking” H.A says
the screen moves to the asset library
cracking and breaking intenencisifes, leaking a corrupting purple
asset library breaks
its (insert name of glitch here, for now his temporary name is Philliment)
Philliment: “my my my what a Beautiful little page you guys have here, shame its going down in my hands >:)”
Pumpkinhead angrily yells " well hec no, we aren’t having any of that >:("
philliment: “aw, an OC i haven’t seen one in a while, ā̸͉͊ͅl̵̫͂͋͘ẅ̶͕͍̠͙̠́a̴͕͈̥̿͊͐̈́͘͝ỳ̴̧́̂̓s̵̖̭͒͒͠ ̶̧̭͚̈͌́̕͜s̴̝͇͊̓̀ö̶͚̜͋̉ͅ ̶̢̣̥́̕͜͠͝f̶͎̦̯̳͒̀ṳ̶̡͖͉̳̅̇͌͝ṅ̸͔͋̔͆̐͑ ̷̘̅̀t̷̛̻̲̤̝͚̪͊̿̍̏̃ỏ̶͓̙̓ ̵͚̇̈́c̴̮̪̳͒͋o̵͚̲͓͍͂̿̉̿̀͝r̷͇̫̹̔̑̄ŗ̸͚̞̳͐̀̉̉ù̴͔͕̅͌̒́p̴͇̫̍̏͘ț̸̈̚ ̸̛̣̘̘̈́͠ͅa̷̗̒̀̈̍̚n̵͈̈́d̴̪̤̟̬͈̉͐͊̂ ̵̝̣͉̱͋͐̐̋̉̌c̵̡̡̣͔̳̔̈̍o̷̖̹͇̾͐̏̓͘͠n̷̰̳̪̪͈̟̈t̸̨͇̩͔͂̕̕͜͠r̷͓̓͗̚ȯ̵͉̫̳̐͊͜͠l̴̺̪̤̼͍̄̾̚”

long pause

“wat” pkhead says

philliment grabs (someone) and corrupts him/her

that person: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH”

4 Likes

oh cool! this follows my idea of the Oc’s Getting Corrupt and you having to fight them

If you guys need any art assets just @me I’d be happy to help also if you dont have to many people already I’d love to be a character (but I understand if you dont have enough room)

2 Likes

but wait theres more >:3
your not only fighting corrupted fighters, no no no…

while i cant say for the others in my chapter you be fighting…Triobyte, my old oc
having suffering the similar fate of philliment he wanders the deleted file, too bad he has been taken over some bugs we need to solve this problem and same our Tryo now!

2 Likes

Wait are diffrent characters getting chapters? (I know I’m not really apart of the crew I’m just interested)

This idea sounds a lot like the jsab story mode

I couldn’t explain it better. Good job @Hamzah_Al_Ani !

2 Likes

maybe maybe but think of the chapters like angry birds original where there are multiple (very difficult) stages (around 3 normal one boss each)
you unlock the character that the chap revolves around during stage 2 (or sometimes after, before, whatever)
but you get to choose which chapter you wanna start first, allowing for players to choose the character they like the best
But you might say

But tryo if people choose later stages wont they get stuck on harder chapters ?

HA! i thought of that to
remember when i said something about 3-5 basic atks and 3 SPECIAL ATKS
heres the special thing about your game:

You dont get stronger as the game goes on, instead you get unlockables where you can customize your playstyle where ALL UNLOCKABLES ARE NOT DIRECT UPGRADES TO STOCK(what your given at the start) instead they give you new ways to play in sacrifice of other actions

lets say this: H.A is a fire guy and one of his special atks is a fireball throw (this is his stock) fire ball throw does (for example) 30 dmg at close range and receives an additional 5dmg per 25x distance
so imagine you go to the ingame store and pick up “blazing brave” an atk that allows for H.A to burn dmg to surrounding enemies for 55Hp BUT at the sacrifice of 20 hp per use
so you exchange your long range combat for “come near me and ill burn you better then your dad did the steak on barbeque night” so its no real direct upgrade but it gives you more ways to play the game

mind you, you can equip 3 of these special guys( maybe we should add some restriction like “primary” “secondary” and “last resort” or somthing to balance)

baron’s chapter will be the first one you Have to complete and it gives you baron at the start, so you have a starting character but after that, you get to go anywhere you want

BUT for every chapter you complete the AI and stats get harder and higher
so you never get stronger at the game but you always get better at the game and
you’ll never run over the game because the game GETS REALLY FRICKING HARD but always (somewhat) manageable.

1 Like

@Hamzah_Al_Ani and others what are your thoughts

wow. just wow.
I can already tell this is going to be a AAA worthy game.

2 Likes

I agree with @nuggetofwisdom

As a side note, we might need to split the game into separate “particles” since it’s gonna be this big. We can do that, but we might need to have a system of organizing the project

2 Likes

Well rn you programmers are working on the game’s base and us writers are doing the story
When the designers come in they can help merge our work.
Also we need a definitive storyline to use bc rn we have like 5 or so