Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

Y E S :open_mouth:

well that’d be kinda hard to make, and also it would make it hard to put the character in cutscenes since we wouldn’t be able to animate the character.

1 Like

well i added knockbackX and knockbackY, and I added some properties to the hitbox so I can add projectile hitboxes later.
FFR 1.3.26.wick (548.1 KB)
(i also added another tagline, press “First tagline” to see it)

1 Like

The “block” main character was a terrible attempt of mine in making a “place holder”. it was a bad idea

1 Like

its tempory, dont worry
the story is that after brings you to the area

My ideas on how to have drawn characters animated

I was thinking that it might be added using the drawing code from that thread I made, and for animating the characters, we could give the user different templates to color. For instance, this is a character template I just made out of simple boxes:

Each template could be made up of separate clips that are animated using tweens
(Here’s an example of a tweened motion I made just now)

Here’s a messed up example of how the player might draw their character and how it would be animated

There could be also an option to hide the black squares

It’s acomplishable

I still see the difficulty in having a user-made animated character, so maybe the user creates this character when stuff are “normal” (normal = before glitches), and keeps using this character in the beginning until they meet the two or more characters that they can use

There can be some advantages from this:

• Leaves room for creativity

• “Gender balance” is not a worry

• Player get’s a choice

I feel like it’s better to have the user be capable of using “SwiftStyle Animator” that this game is based on than not (it’ll make the user feel the power of SwiftStyle)

out comes
first you start as a block
then you move on to the human of your choice
the when you meet me in the tutorial I give one of 3 hats
simple, cute, and effective

both ways work really
h.a way

• cooler
  • makes the idea of the player using switstyle
  • leaves room for creativity
    but
  • might leave scritped events a little werid looking/ chunky
  • if the player draws too much it might visibly get in the way of some parts of the game

tryo way

• simple
  • cute
    -cut scenes may feel more natural moving, or more detiailed on the players asset, since we only have to think about 6 more or less similar outcomes
    but
  • could be a little more boring then drawing
  • H.a way
  • Tryo way

0 voters

also, people how are not participating in the collab, please do not vote.

I have a concept swiftstyle ui here, also the overdrawing problem can be fixed by limiting the canvas for making a character to a certain size

still would be hard to make fluid in animation process tho…

GAH
Also I forgot, I’m still working on an update in the 1.3.25 v2 version
Later, could some one help me combine mine and pk’s

Why not just develop both? We can have Tyro’s idea as a fall back alternative in case something goes wrong, since the process for that sounds more straight forward (using clips to switch between accessories); then we could try out, test, and develop Hamzah’s idea. We may or may not use only one of these methods in the end, but it’s an idea

…also sure I can merge it. Just give me a list of things you’ve added once you finished.

2 Likes

Do you think we should include a changlelog/patch note screen in game for this?

Already dojing it

Oh cool if you guys will have me I’d love to have a character and help promote the project or just help (but I understand if your to far in the process to add a whole new character)

Also, for the sake of making an immersive experience, we should primarily find a way to make Hamzah’s idea work, as having a way for the player to REALLY get in the world of the game makes it that much more of an experience

Nah, we’re still early in sorta, me and some others are trying to get our ocs in

K ill gladly help on some art assets or really anything just @ me when you need something

bruh he’s the original creator also its up to @mlgcoolguys_1 if he’s gonna be in ffr your not the leader of the collab

but what if someone wants something other than a human or humanoid character?

maybe we just let them make their own character (idk how though)