If it’s okay with the mods, can everybody introduce themselves with:

1. What they prefer to be called
  2. They’re skills
  3. They’re best work
  4. And how they found the wick editor

Just so we can get to know everyone.

2 Likes

Hello!
I’m Watrmeln, but you can call me Jumbleton if you want.
I’m skilled in light programming, Animation, and light drawing (Not walk cycles)
The Thing i’m most proud of that’s made in wick is Systematix OS, A sort of-not Operating System.
I was shown wick last year by my friend AC, and since the latest meme (to us) was the firey underwear thing, i made click to firey underwear, though the 1.19 gotoandplay update kinda ruined it

5 Likes

Hello, my screen name is NuggetOfWisdom but my real name is Jacob.

1. User Inteface/User Experience (Color schemes, layouts, etc.)
  2. Python programming
  3. Bash shell scripting
  4. Music:
Compositions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wQ-qDDorQ
https://soundcloud.com/jake_creates/jazz-improv-no-1
https://soundcloud.com/jake_creates/jazz-improv-no-2
https://soundcloud.com/jake_creates/jungle-tune

1. HTML/CSS
  2. Blender
  3. Logo design
  4. Photoshop

My work:

How I found the wick editor: I was looking for an animation website

NOTE: IF YOU NEED ANY COLOR SCHEMES, LAYOUTS, LOGOS, PYTHON SCRIPTS, BASH SHELL SCRIPTS, MUSIC, HTML/CSS THINGS, 3D MODELS, GAME IDEAS OR ANYTHING PHOTOSHOPPED PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME WHAT YOU NEED BECAUSE I AM ABSOLUTELY DESPERATE FOR PRACTICE (FOR FREE TOO)
(end of rant)

2 Likes

I’m officially awc95014, but I prefer to be referred to as Baron. I made my username before I found a cool nickname, so… D:

I see myself as somewhat average in everything here: decent at everything but not great at anything. Although users here think I’m a better coder than I give myself credit for. I code and animate. My coding is pretty beginner-level but I use what I know to make some cool stuff.

I’m quite proud of my platformer engine, but once my 5-hour energy animation (UNFINISHED) is done it will probably go above my platformer engine. If you want to find my platformer engine, you can search for it on the forum with the search feature.

I found Wick like many other people, by finding Alan Becker first. Alan showed his viewers some alternatives to Adobe Animate, and Wick was the only free browser-based platform. Being browser-based is what caught my attention, as well as many others.

4 Likes

hi I am gamer boi you may call me gamer. I am good at coding and animation. my best work is Square Adventures Continued Development. I found the wick editor when my teacher recomended it to me

2 Likes
  1. I’m Hamzah Alani (you can call me Hamzah, Hanzoh, Alani, or anything along these lines).

2. I like programming and drawing, and I’m still learning animating through time.
    I’m not the best coder, Wick editor was really my first coding experience. I was able to learn coding in this software quickly during quarantine, and I learn more through time.

3. I would say my current best work might be leaf lide (I stopped working on it bc it’s really slow). I’m working on a new game that is probably going to be better than that, but it’ll take some time to complete.
    (Also, my “good” games are part of Lide Studios, a new studio I created long time ago)

4. I found wick editor while researching a good drawing software online.

4 Likes

I’m Cleetus Kernel Cornious.

While I do some animations, I’m mostly interested in game development. But I’ve set aside the game development because I’m working on a big animation. I also try to make some storylines.

One of my most successful animations is Sun Battles. There was meant to be a second one but it was shortly scrapped right after publishing it. I’m not proud of the sequel and I’m looking forward to redoing it. But in the meantime I’m going to work on the other project I mentioned earlier.

My first experience with animation was theanimator.co in 2016. I slowly forgot about it, and then 2 years after), I found Pivot Animator. I worked with it awhile but I found it a bit restricting. And then I found Wick Editor just like the same way everyone does. Looking for alternatives to Adobe Flash on a video by Alan Becker.

3 Likes
  1. Jovanny Rodriguez (Call me Jovanny)
  2. Church Minister - Musician, I play piano and saxophone - 13 years+ in Software Engineering in embedded systems for Aerospace - C, C++, C#, python and now js. Game Developer - Designer - A little bit of art
  3. Game Engine for XNA, basically for Platformers - Wicky Adventures
    Wicky Adventures 1.2 Now in Development
    (Working on Flashy Adventures instead, with a lot of improvements.)
  4. Looking for free Flash replacement.
4 Likes
  • I prefer to be called “pumpkinhead” with no space between “pumpkin” and “head”, or the shorter version “pkhead” someone else made up and I stole it. Though sometimes when making an account I instead try out a different name instead of my regular names being “chromosoze” and now “pumpkinhead”.
  • I’m decent at programming as I have had that as a hobby for quite a while now. I started it when I found out about Scratch and thought it sounded cool. Recently I have had an interest in making animations for some unknown reason. Also recently I had an interest in making music. Though since programming is actually my biggest hobby I don’t really make a lot of animations or music. Also helps that I spend most of my time on the weekdays procrastinating on my homework.
  • It’s kinda hard for me to figure out what my best work was because I don’t really make a lot of good work. Um my best animation would probably be um some 30-second part of an animation I’m currently making. That took me several hours to animate. And it isn’t even really complex. (It isn’t made with Wick though because of needed background knowledge on a certain community) (Ok well actually I realize now that that isn’t really needed… Well too bad I worked 6 hours on it already). Um and I guess my best original game would be on Scratch because I came to Wick for animating not game development. It would probably be this despite only being half finished but it was long enough to share it.
  • I watched the video (the video (to clarify, the video)) and thought this Wick Editor was one of the best choices. I didn’t actually have my own PC at that point, only a school Chromebook, and also securly might block Wick Editor maybe if I go on there I dunno how it works, so I didn’t use Wick until I got my own PC.
3 Likes

I’m decent at programming as I have had that as a hobby for quite a while now.

Recently I have had an interest in making animations for some unknown reason.

Also recently I had an interest in making music.

Also helps that I spend most of my time on the weekdays procrastinating on my homework.

Are we the same person?

1 Like

You have such a talent, I hope you are / studying / or planning to study / something related to computer science or any other software related thing.

3 Likes

You know… most of the time people (users) don’t care about how the code internally is as long as it works. I used your engine, and I was able to build a game without asking you for support. That means that your code was readable and easy to understand.

4 Likes

can we just take a moment to acknowledge how helpful and kind @Jovanny is please

3 Likes

My suggested name should just be Crafter. (because Flance means to show off and people might make fun of my name)
My real name, however, will not be shared because I keep some info private. (like an address)
The skills that I can make a gun in Wick, I am strong boi IRL, I play ROBLOX and Minecraft, I know Python, Javascript (still new), and Lua (ROBLOX).
The best work in my opinion is Notascape… I found Wick Editor by a Alan Becker video, because I wanted to really make a browser game

3 Likes

another great way to learn lua is LOVE2D

1 Like

and when i say i can code i mean barely, not like pumpkinhead whos out here making 3d engines in a 2d game or the others but with python im kinda advanced

1 Like

Hello my Name is BrickStar and when the Name BrickStar ist Taken BrickStar_X

I Life in Germany

I Like to Make Animations i even planing Out the Last Things for my Mini Show on youtube (in German)

I am not the best in Animation still a beginner but i’m learning every day Something new :slight_smile:

I Sometimes try to Make Games or Others Things with Code with Jovanys Tutorials (sorry when i speled the Name worng)

My Best Work is a Christmas Episode From one of my Shows but it is private Just the Familie and it is German so i think Most of you Don’t will understand the Most but i will making a Englisch Version too

I starded in Scratch but didnt Liked the Animation Thing there so i Started 2 years searching for a good Programm then i saw the Video from Alanbecker and starded usesing Wick Editor

1 Like

Hahaha hipidi hopedi your Code is now my Proberty XD i think you are watching Dani too ( saw it on your Website)

1 Like

Hi, please don’t post your age, it is against the forum rules.

1 Like

Oh sorry Thanks for changing