List of suggestions #2

Here’s a mix of suggestions (and few bugs mentioned as well), most of them have not been mentioned before

Related to Timeline:

• gotoNextFrame() makes me go to the next frame, but it would be useful if we were able to tell the project to skip some frames. For example, gotoNextFrame(5); should make the project go to the next frame and repeat 5 times. gotoPrevFrame(5); should also go to the next frame 5 times. gotoNextFrame(-5) is, yes you guessed it, going back 5 frames. It’s just a better way than having the project play(), then go to a frame and having it stop();

• clip.play(); for some reason seems to make more sense if it was play(clip);

• Is there a way to know if something is playing? I recommend having something like if(isPlaying(clipName)){} or if(ClipName.isPlaying()){}

• There should be a built-in shortcut to play audio similar to how we would play a timeline. For example, “play();” plays a timeline, and “stop();” stops the timeline from playing. What if we could do, “play("audio.mp3");,” and “stop("audio.mp3");” or "mute("audio.mp3");

Related to Assets:

• When an asset is deleted, it shouldn’t be removed from your project if it was a Wick object. There should be a different option for deleting an asset from your project without removing the actual asset. Also, when you’re in an assets timeline and remove that asset from the library… a lot of things seem broken, you’ll notice some problems with the timeline, everything just slowly breaks! There are a LOT OF BUGS THAT HAPPEN, and after you play around with the tools for 3 or 4 minutes… the editor notices that something broke

( #bug-reporting )

• A lot of people create videos, and this has been mentioned before (just wasn’t mentioned as a feature suggestion), that it seems like it’s impossible to create a “blur” in Wick. I think that this should be in the asset library since it seems like it would be a very commonly used asset for an animator. It can be used to blur out backgrounds to make characters stand out, make cool color patterns, make things look unfocused, or focused on, or even blur out text.

• The “inputElem” for the textbox can be focused on and blurred using “textBox.inputElem.focus()” and “textBox.inputElem.blur(),” but once I tried doing “if(textBox.inputElem.hasFocus()){}” it doesn’t seem to work. I know that the Wick team is updating a lot of things and that the assets are one of them, so I just decided to list this here in hopes of being able to define when the text box is focused on in the future!

• This is not quite a suggestion, but a way for me to know who’s reading through this list. If you’re reading and got this far, reply with the words that I have hidden in this post to let me know that you actually read everything. Thank you!

Related to tools:

• I would use an eyedropper by using the “d” shortcut, selecting a color, then releasing it to return to my tool. The eyedropper changes the fill color to the color that was selected. Now… do I have to copy-paste the color number to the stroke color in order to draw with the pen with the same color? What if I was using the pen, the eyedropper should change the color of the stroke rather than the fill color! What if I was selecting a stroke color using the color menu, and without exiting that color menu, I use the “d” shortcut… why does it change the fill color? It should change the stroke color. I feel like if the type of color that the eyedropper changes was based on the tools the user is using, or what the user is trying to set, then life would be easier!

• How about… a NEW shortcut? Trust me, this shortcut is going to be REALLY HELPFUL! What if when I clicked s, the stroke and the fill color swap? This would be really great b/c then it would be easier to swap back and forth between colors! Let me know what you guys think?

Related to Wick Forums:

• Topics categorized as collabs should have special features. For example, the person who created the topic should be able to mark the latest project as the latest project file, and there should be a button to take all collaborators to that post. The person who created the topic should also be able to mark people as collaborators, you know, just to make things more organized. Collaborators should have some type of symbol next to their name only in that topic to show that he’s part of the team.

• There’s a group category? There are only two groups, and one of them is closed, so I’m wondering if Wick is planning on doing anything with that. Here’s the link to the groups. Maybe if a group category exists, people can chat there and their messages aren’t private, but not visible to people who visit the forums… like groups have their own section, where to see groups chatting, you’ll have to go to the group category.

• Closing collabs! I know that there are people that collaborate, then once they’re done, they make a new topic to share their work. I feel like they should be able to “archive” their collab post just so the forums aren’t filled with closed and opened collabs.

• Along with being able to define who’s in a collab (three suggestions up), there should be a way to let people know when they might not be accepting more. People should still be allowed to make replies, but if they’re new to the thread, a little nice note comes up saying that “this collab might be full, you can visit the collabs category if you’re interested, or request to join.” A collab should only be marked as full by the person who made the topic.

• Oh boy, a lot of new people are joining the Forums, and the rules are things that kinda need to be pointed out since the rules are slowly becoming less… “serious.” I feel like some people don’t pay much attention to those rules. I actually memorized the numbers for most rules after having to refer to them multiple times, but I feel like the rules need to have their own section along with the FAQ, About, and Keyboard section. Instead of finding these by pressing the hamburger or using the shortcut, =, what if there was a section up there to the right of where it says Categories, and have it be called, “About the Forums” or something?

Related to Moderator

• What happened to this. Did anyone get chosen, or do the requests take a bit of time to read through, or is it just hard to choose, or did not a lot of people submit requests, or there wasn’t a lot of adults that signed up, or… yea I talk too much :P
    (Sorry, take your time! I didn’t sign up for it, just excited to see who would be picked)

• How does the views thing on the forums work? I see a lot of topics have more than 1k views, but the forums seem to be a WAY smaller community since most of these people don’t chat… it seems like there are ghosts! If someone is not logged in and views a topic, does he (or she) count as a view? If they revisit later, do they count as another viewer?

• There has been a talk about servers, a lot of people are curious about how to make multiplayer games, and few programmers here know the answer. It seems like we can use socket.io, send messages to the server, receive messages, react accordingly, and change many things, but it’s still complicated to actually understand! Can anyone possibly create or write a tutorial? That would be really appreciated!

Related to Other Things:

• There should be a type of code that repeats something a certain amount of times. Maybe something like, “Repeat(5){clip.x+=50;},” which in this example is supposed to change the x’s clip by 50 five times. This would be useless to have in the update script only if it makes an if statement false in the process, or anything else happens. This can be useful if we have something repeat by a number of times defined by a variable, then have the variable set to zero to disable it.

• What if the asset library is hidden when it’s empty, and only the upload and add built-in asset buttons were visible? Or when nothing is selected, the asset library is visible, and when something is selected, the asset library would be hidden, and instead, the inspector & the outliner would both be shown like this:

(If the asset library was hidden, that would
    leave good room for the outliner)

Things already suggested before:

• Text aligning

• Scrolling

• Textbox upgrade

• Spawning assets from the library through code

• Cloning images (more like a bug)

• Right, and middle mouse clicks

• Images cropper/ eraser

• Viewing (forums) files without downloading them

• When a post is deleted (on forums), it should be in a certain color or has something to prove that it’s not just text saying that it will be deleted

This is a list of suggestions #2
Here’s a list of suggestions #1

3 Likes

Wow, that is long! I apologize for writing a long list of suggestions, I would suggest only reading certain sections that interest you.

Sections:

• About the timeline
  • Assets/ Asset library
  • Tools (recommend reading)
  • About the Wick Forums
  • Related to the moderators
  • Just other things
  • Things suggested before

Some of the suggestions are weird, others I think are interesting, but overall I tried to mention things that weren’t suggested before, or just are great to have.

I tried my best to organize em, and was planning on adding more
These are suggestions for the future editor version 1.2

Edit:
The related to tools section should’ve been called, “related to colors”
Also, I didn’t check for typos, so feel free to fix any that you find by editing the list

Edit #2:
I just found a bug. Focus on the time that the post was made in the gif
Untitled_ Dec 4, 2020 9_49 AM
After I created a wiki, the time changed from 19 minutes to 1 minute ago… is this supposed to happen, or is it a bug?
#bug-reporting

Thank you 4 reading : )

1 Like

while i didn’t find the “thing” you wanted me to find in that post, i did read most of it.

i think this is a discourse thing. i don’t know about making a new category. the rules were made a banner on the forum that only closes when the user dismisses it. if that’s not clear enough, i don’t know what is. people just don’t care i guess.

i think this is how it goes: say a post is made with 0 views. 3 people then view it. 3 views now. simple. then a reply is made. 2 people view it including the reply. now there’s 5 views. 2 replies are made. 1 person views that. 6 views now. does it make sense?

can’t you use a for loop?

bye gotta go to class :flushed:

pretty epic features

There was no “thing” :wink:

That does make sense, but what I meant was if people didn’t have a forums account, and they view something, does it count as a view? If they review it later, does it count as another view? Does every reply viewed count as one more view for the thread? :thinking:

I know (I actually researched those while I was writing the suggestion down), but I was looking for a “simpler” way or shortcut to have that done. :smiley:

D:

for the views thing, i don’t think so. if you sign out of wick forums (or use incognito) and you read a post and go back out, the number won’t increase unless it was a coincidence that someone else also read it. (i tried it just now) for the reply thing, i don’t know. if you want to find out, wait for a post to have 2 or more replies, and keep track of the views before and after. you might get inaccurate results if someone else coincidentally views the post at the same time. (edit, i tested it. 2 unread replies viewed once adds 1 view. i think reading a portion of a series of replies counts as no views.)

They Should add a scroll bar on the timeline

Brrrriiiiiinnnngggg
Brrrriiiiiinnnngggg
Beep
Hey @Luxapodular! Yah H.A has suggestions again :)