My new adventure game

kidgame…where is reven8-23-2021_15-44-03.wick (4.0 MB)
i think I need to take a break from animating…so i kinda feel like animating for games are lot fun…so i made this…(it was not finished yet but …i still enjoy making it…(man my bad english T u T))

man…its 12 fps T u T…cuz i got lazy

kidgame…where is reven8-23-2021_16-34-38.wick (4.0 MB)
updated…i added some things like walls and camera bit control…thanks to wick forum which helps me…

1 Like

You could just set the VCam’s position to the character’s position in the update script.
:popcorn:
not smooth but functional.

the intro was interesting that I was already quite hooked, although it is unfinished as you said. I’m looking forward to whatever you’re up to with the project!

1 Like

great idea…thanks for the tips >u<
ouh…and I making this game cuz it was soo fun making it when i have free time in school holiday >u<

1 Like

hrmm…can someone tell me how to make fight game…i want my character and the evil one to have 3 heart life …and when evil attack the character lose a life (sorry my bad english)…

i cant find in the forum… T u T

I don’t have the wick file for this (oops), but there’s this thing that I made…

I had a clip for the hearts with 4 frames: one with 3 hearts, one with 2, one with 1 (the 1-heart one flashes/blinks as a “warning” because why not), and one with nothing. Every time the player gets hit, it loses a life (the hearts clip goes to the next frame). The game will check if the hearts clip is on the 4th frame, which is when there are no hearts, and the game will end the game if so.

1 Like

oh no…(T u T)
i only a beginner of the coding thingy… …
does someone have toturial…

and thanks @awc95014

1 Like

hrmmm…
i wanna make the cute ghost character controlling the main character body when key ‘e’ clicked…
and if clicked key 'e ’ again the character goes out of him…
i tried to test it…and it almost work …cuz idk how to make after the ghost out from the main character the x position should be the same like position of the ghost …

ghost8-25-2021_21-54-24.wick (25.6 KB)
this what i did so far…
help…??

1 Like

Using a funny thing called currentFrameNumber or currentFrameName, you can set the position of the character to the ghost as long as the object’s current frame number is greater than, lesser than, or equal to a certain number.

since you wanted this:

we just rewrite in the update script inside the character clip:

//if Ghost is playing a frame number that is greater than 3
if (Ghost.currentFrameNumber > 3){
    this.x = Ghost.x; //set my position to Ghost
}
//otherwise dont do anything

The ghost clip is lacking a name, so you just give it whatever name it is if not Ghost.

… although do note that this is just one of the many solutions to this! You don’t even have to use the code up there, and just use a variable!

//inside the character clip
if (isGhost === true){// if whatever variable is true (from pressing e)
   this.x = Ghost.x; //set my position to Ghost
}

Not that you can’t use my solution or anyone else’s, but there are definitely efficient and practical ones out there for more… peculiarly complex problems.

so I bid you good luck on whatever shenanigans you’re up to with your projects!

meanwhile I want you to bookmark More Wick Documents, which pumpkinhead wrote, since it could be useful in the future.

1 Like

@KringlePrinkles man…>u< thanks so much you helped me a lot >u<…i think i might take more time to understand the code anyway…(i will tried my best)>u<

cool >u< I didnt think even think to search the wick doc in wick forum>u<…thanks…hmm…ok I’ll took my pencil and wrote that down(in the link)

1 Like

what’s your primary language? just wondering

Oh ok I was just wondering

1 Like

how to use variable…i…i never use it…
is it give value to the clip or…what??hmm

so to use a variable you just do this.

variablename = whathever

you could search up a tutorial too :).

1 Like

player = 10

?