[New Release] Wick Editor 1.19 - New Code Editor, Reference

Can there be a Feature were If you’re playing an anim., The Timeline, Toolbar, Inspector ect dissaperes.

that would be bad when working with audio

press alt + k (default shortcut) to open the project in a new window. this will only show the project and nothing else.

the same thing happened to me.

so, when will it come out?

Even though this is the best way to show the capability of the new “hits” function, which is fantastic, It is not the best example on how to use it. @Luxapodular, do you have a tutorial or documentation about it?

1 Like

@Luxapodular, this haven’t been fixed unfortunately…

@Luxapodular I just lost almost one hour of coding and animation using 1.19. My question to you and your team is why the autosave can’t have the last played instance of the customer development? We have been dealing with this problem since 1.16. Since the editor is not stable, this feature must work.

I’m guessing they haven’t made it autosave when you preview the project because it may take a while to save the project.

1 Like

Yeah, I was also thinking about that, but, there should be a good way to solve it. I’m literally saving after every single change (I have fear to lose work again), creating a lot of files in my PC.

@nick is currently building out a written tutorial on the new hit test function, should be out next week!

In terms of autosave, the current implementation is fairly slow, which is why it was changed. Somewhere along the way, the autosave seems to have been disconnected from the current save function. I’m going to look and see if there are any hotfix options available for 1.19.2. If not, this will most likely be fixed in the coming 1.20 release, as the changes I’m making to paths and clips for performance, should also drastically speed up the save process.

As a note @Jovanny, were you using the desktop or web editor when this crash occurred?

1 Like

I was using web version 1.19.1

I kinda miss the new fill bucket that had to be reverted because it wouldn’t work with lines, because it worked perfectly fine with paths. And the old/current fill bucket has more imperfections than the new one. The only imperfection I have witnessed with nick’s fill bucket was that it didn’t work with lines. So I had an idea for bringing it back: when filling, it converts outlines to paths? (It doesn’t actually do that, only when filling, so the outline should go back to normal after filling)

Yes, this is definitely a bummer. There were a few bugs that caused crashes, beyond problems with the pencil that cause us to pull the fill bucket. We still have the in-progress code, and will be looking to integrate it in a future version!

1 Like

@Jovanny no progress yet on the white screens but good news! I believe I’ve fixed a bug in autosave in 1.19.2 (Live on wickeditor.com/test). Autosave should now occur much more frequently This should hopefully help and save a lot of headaches!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for improve it. How frequent approx should occur? (So I ca test it at night)

Can anyone tell me if on the 1.19 editor it is possible to download things on mobile? I’d love to know because I have friends that use the mobile app but cannot download projects, and or figure out how.

oh and hey just pointing this out, there’s a grammatical error on the rule section.