Tutorials - Drawings/Animations and more

Yes Boyfriend combined with Jovanny is really mysterious

Not sure if you are talking about the game character, but I’m not that familiarized with the game, I just put a similar mechanic in the tutorial.

1 Like

I am talking about the game character

1 Like

Well, I didn’t have anything in mind… so I will make the forum to choose:

Next Tutorial:

• Chasing Bullets
  • Building your First Game
  • Working with External Assets
  • Basic Platforms

0 voters

1 Like

Thanks! This helps alot

1 Like

Episode 11: Building your First Runner Game… Enjoy!

Note: Game Assets Wick file under youtube video’s description.

7 Likes

@Jovanny voice reveal!!! - 0:06

I need some help,. I was doing a little project I made an invisible button that follows the mouse and when you click it or you hit the score counter with it the score goes up, But when I hit the score counter it wont go up.Can someone help. Im a new user on the forum so I cant make attatchments yet but ill tell you what I did so first I went in the frames default script and put
project.score = 0;
and then I went in a button update script and did this(By the way the score counter is named SCORE)
if (this.hits(SCORE)) {
project.score += 1;

SCORE.setText("Score: " + project.score);
}
does anyone know whats wrong.

Hey @Ryder_Beaumont welcome to the Wick forums!
I’m not really sure what’s wrong, but I think it’s because the score object is a text object, so the hits code might not work on it.
Here’s what you can do…

1. Click the score text, and click “make clip” (or use the shortcut: ctrl + g )
  2. Name the clip object something, for example, “TextScore”
  3. Change your update code to this:
if(this.hits(TextScore)){
project.score++;
}
TextScore.SCORE.setText("Score: "+project.score);
1 Like

OK, Thank you very much

1 Like

IT WORKED

do you think you could teach me some stuff the wick youtube channel only teaches simple stuff PLEASE!!

That’s good to hear

Sure, I’d be glad to help :slight_smile:

Side note:
The Wick forums also has a lot of helpful members, whenever you’ll need help, you can always create a new topic, and you’ll more likely find what you need

1 Like

Thank you, again.

1 Like

My dream is to become a game designer and im on a school chromebook so wick is the only engine that wasnt blocked and that does not use blocks, and ive got to start somewhere I mean ive got some experience already now I need to get more and use it to persue my dream, and also TO YOUR SIDE NOTE I know but I like to move fast and this is my favorite chat so far

(I looked at other ones before I made my acc)

1 Like

I had the side note there so that this chat doesn’t interrupt the thread’s main purpose

Yes, finding good designing softwares is difficult on school devices (it’s a good thing Wick exists).

You’ll probably be able to learn coding & designing with Wick in no time. You’ll become a great designer, that’s for sure :star2:

(I also have notifications on, that’s how I replied quickly)

1 Like

Thank you but I said I had to start somewhere I know you said there were A lot more people but I really want you to teach me A little code

I can get started with teaching you whenever your ready, just give me a topic you need help with, and I can create a new quick tutorial thread about it

1 Like

i want to make a 2d shooter game P1 vs. AI But I dont know any code for it, Or even where to start

(And I want two be able to pick between two players and one player)
@Hamzah_Al_Ani

1 Like

Oh ok you have notifications on tell me when youre done making the thread though

@Hamzah_Al_Ani do you think we could talk about code and stuff in google slides Pls