Wick Editor 1.15 is here!
This is definitely one of the biggest releases we’ve done, there are a lot of things to go over so take a look.
New Patreon Rewards
Support the Wick Editor on Patreon!
- An all new set of stickers, shirts, and pins are now available for patrons on the Wick Editor Patreon!
Wick Editor Discord
- The Wick Editor Discord is now open! Make an account and come chat with us. Patreon supporters get access to new supporter roles and channels!
Drawing Tool Updates
- Major speedups to the Brush tool
- Smoother drawing with the Brush tool
- Undo now cancels the current brush stroke, instead of the previous one
- Added “Relative Brush Size” option (makes brush size change with canvas zoom)
- Updated fill bucket to leave less buggy gaps
- Fill bucket now fills between layers
- Major optimization (faster scrolling, frame adding, etc)
- Visual cleanup
- Small- and large-frames modes
- Customizable frame gap-filling modes
- Shift+click now selects frames in-between selected frames
- Timeline will auto-scroll if frames are dragged outside of the timeline
- Multiple frames can be resized at once
- Multiple tweens can now be selected and altered in the inspector
- Added hotkeys for extending and shrinking frames
- Added hotkeys for moving frames left and right
- Added a hotkey for inserting blank frames
- Added customizable hotkeys through editor settings
- Hotkeys are now able to be held down to repeat actions
- Tweens are now automatically added when a tweened object is moved
- Added more options in the Project Settings window
- “New Project” button added to menu bar
- Tool options sliders are now easier to use
- Added new icons for tool options
- Cleaned up Clip and Button creation workflow
- Newly added text items now start in edit mode
- Added better cursors for the text tool
- Fixed crash when frames are resized to negative length
- Fixed visual bug when timeline is resized
- Fixed missing fonts on Windows
- Fixed hidden layers not being visible in exported projects
- Fixed bug with copying frames between layers
Please post any issues you run into in this thread!
Check it out now at editor.wickeditor.com. Enjoy!