Chick Fighter Prototype - Test Needed

they move i cant move tho

Try to click on screen first (then try to move) to force the game canvas to be focused.

it started working

1 Like

Hi Jovanny
I have quite alot of old pcs I use to test low performances on.
I tested on linux 4gb ram and win7 8gb ram
on both game was slower on firefox than on chrome
actually win7+chrome worked quite well.

Ah… side note
I pointed that in another thread
I tried to minify wickeditor engine and it passed from 2.2mb to 0.9mb
it would be really helpful if wickeditor produce a minified version of the engine

it also would be very good if WE enginw could be installed as browser extension! like old flash

1 Like

my ram is 8 GB. i also noticed too that it runs slower on firefox. and i agree with @awc95014 that you should include an FPS display to the game, because when playing the game i did not actually know how fast the game was running so all i could say was “it is slow”

Thank you for the info. awc has my same PC, so he is ok at his end.

Makes sense… (Display the actual FPS) I have never do that, I could figure it myself, or if you have code already for it, I could use it… I can send a new version with that… your RAM is fine. That is sufficient… Usually is related with RAM, but crafter has 16GBs, so now I have to assume that is a combination of things… but regarding the WE, I have a separate test showing that the problems are how the editor manages the vectors. I should change everything to pngs, which is a huge effort, because of how many animations the demo has already.

Could you point me to where you have that? I want to use it. I had to remove several sounds to make it less than 4Megs

what do you mean why did you put my name

in the last reply I attached the minified wick editor version

could you please explain how to private contact you?
I dont get the sent me inbox thing

It was just to call you… You asked for a fight game, and I thought that you were a good candidate to test this… I can erase the name now. Thanks.

i love you jovvany

Did you were able to test the game? How it was it? Did it run ok in your machine?

a little laggy hey can you send the wick file please

1 Like

Unfortunatelly the file will not available to be shared yet.

on an Intel Core i7 8650u 8th gen, it runs quite poorly on my machine, about 4-7 fps. The idea is great, and with some expansion and story, it could really take off.

1 Like

Well that is pretty easy if you know how to do it… which could be said to anything. Well hopefully you have an idea of how to get the FPS but don’t know how to actually do it.

// Initialize variables
// Date.now() returns the amount of milliseconds passed since January 1, 1970 at midnight somewhere in England
// Using Date.now(), the max fps it can show is 1000 ms I believe, because its precision is limited.
// If you want better precision you can use performance.now() instead which tracks the amount of
// time passed since the tab was opened, but where the timer starts doesn't matter since all you need is
// the time elapsed between frames.
var lastTime = Date.now();
var nowTime;

onEvent("update", function() {
  nowTime = Date.now();
  var dt = (nowTime - lastTime ) / 1000; // get ms elapsed and convert it to seconds
  lastTime = nowTime;

project.fps = 1 / dt; // estimate amount of frames would be rendered per 1 second
});
3 Likes

I used @Nick’s code many times before to find the fps
(which works the same way as @pumpkinhead’s code)

Here’s his “FPSDemo” file, hopefully it helps

3 Likes

I think the Game is great but the startt is verry hard at first you will read everthing but all the Enymes already come into the screen. so recomend a tutorial level
The Gamplay is a bit slow i think it would be bether when you do this a bit faster

The Prefoms is great by my laptop ok i have a gmaing laptop and a gaming PC but it is still verry good and smooth

2 Likes

jovanny voice was revealed