Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

:tada: Hi @Mina, welcome to the forums!

Also, @KringlePrinkles, @awc95014, I fixed the bug, now everything restarts perfectly
Here’s a file: FFR 1.3.0 v2.wick (443.5 KB)

I used a really odd method to have the characters removed…

In the default script, I added a code that adds an update script that removes the update script and adds a default script that tells the object to remove itself (and it worked)

I also adjusted the green bar in the health bar’s clips cause there was another bug with that, and made the attacks hitbox remove itself if the project is frozen in the default script.

1 Like

ah, i must have spelled your name wrong the whole time, I kept saying “Nina” instead of “Mina”. sorry :’)

but welcome nonetheless :)

1 Like

so you’re saying the player gets new characters by defeating the corrupted versions, and that they can choose which corrupted character to fight? because if which corrupted character you need to fight is not in the hands of the player, then it wouldn’t be hard to put any story in the chapters, i think. ummm basically i don’t understand how it’d be hard if we did it that way.

ok well what if the player can choose to fight the corrupted version of some characters before they can fight more?

also i have some ideas for taglines:

• “Whatever you do, do not reveal all your techniques in a YouTube video your opponent can watch, you fool.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • something funny!
  • something interesting!
  • i wan’t to know why kirby’s gender is unknown in japan, but i don’t know japanese
  • if americans are fat how are some NOT fat??? *PUTS ON TINFOIL HAT*
  • humans are pathetic they literally have to take care of their teeth. sad.
  • SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!
  • LIKE THAT SMASH BUTTON!
  • like and subscribe
  • subscribe and lik-- oh wait i got it reversed don’t cancel me
  • HEART, FAVORITE, FOLLOW, AND REMIX!
  • the earth is flat you’re all government sheep!
  • vaccines do not give you autism why would one think that
  • dihydrogen monoxide is bad
  • trog door going to burndrinating you!!!
  • DELETED!!!
  • BALEETED!!!
  • try standing on a sunroof at home (don’t try this at home)
  • if we get famous i will literally drink water
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • doggy, stand.
  • if you are reading the tagline, then you may have noticed there are two the’s.
  • PARIS IN THE
    THE SPRING
  • if we get a movie, pinch me
  • does anyone get this reference?
  • this is a tagline. i appear on the menu screen. hope that helped.
  • tacocat backwards is tacocat
  • cattaco backwards is ocattac very interesting.
  • b backwards is d
  • press alt+f4
  • “dir” in the command prompt gets you a list of hacking targets
  • “cls” in the command prompt erases traces of your hacking
  • don’t free the floating face sphere from prison
  • fire go cronch
  • “is a hamster just a very furry version of rats” - hamsterfan
  • “is this also splash text” - me
  • “my name is in the minecraft” - me
  • gettin’ tired on a monday morning, yea!
  • uh oh, politics
  • does the question mark go inside or outside the quotation marks?
  • does the period go inside or outside the parentheses?
4 Likes

do you mean “aperture science”?

is kirby copyrighted?

could be easily misleading, you never know how gullible people can be. and we don’t want anyone calling us anti-vaxxers.

copyright?

No you can say his name

1 Like

i just did a quick google search and got this

so i think if i just mention the name of something only, then it wouldn’t be copyright infringement. and i don’t think it wouldn’t be trademark infringement either, since we’re not copying someone’s trademark or using a trademark extremely similar to someone else’s; we’re just referring to them by their names.

but i will change the one about the vaccines

2 Likes

merged tags and added “first tagline” button

FFR 1.3.14-24-2021_10-11-27.wick (446.3 KB)

EDIT: most recent file here. i just made the buttons “neater”. FFR 1.3.14-24-2021_12-25-04.wick (445.6 KB)

sorry I didn’t mean to I accudentaly did it

(This is NOT an update - it’s a test)

(Don’t add any updates or make any edits to this file)

So I gave this a try, the file I tried it on was 443.5 KB, and now the results are 439.6 KB
FFR wick (439.6 KB)

The project runs alright, and the file lost some weight. Here’s where I moved the code to

I think that once we’re done with this game, we can probably move all the big functions and code elsewhere - but for now, we should keep it all in the Wick file so we have less trouble with changing the code and adjusting things

1 Like

if I download the javascript file, where do I put it? it has an error for me upon starting a quick play match:
const charactersFrame = getFrameWithMoreClips(5);

Thanks for letting me know, I just found the error & fixed it. It was in that script, so you won’t have to re-download the Wick file or anything. Try it & let me know if it doesn’t work

1 Like

I already merged more of TyroByte’s splash tags, meanwhile I’m adding the art for the male fighters at the moment.

6 Likes

i think the small art pieces should be the actual character so the users know exactly what character they’re getting. the larger renders can stay as it is. or we can do it the other way around.

You mean I just draw the entire body of each character in the character icons?

i meant that we take what the characters actually look like instead of a different drawing of them in at least 1 of the 2 places in that menu: the small picture and/or the big picture.

this makes it so that players know exactly what the characters look like and it isn’t based on a different drawing.

1 Like

Reason why scripting will be difficult
If we choose what characters the player has to saw first etc, pk > H.a > tryo
It will be very easy to make a story of said order
etc, after saving pk, you go and save H.a either as baron or pk. So we can add some story like you finding a new but broken weapon that baron and pk fix and now you can use to save h.a
BUT
The player now has no control over who he/she gets to save first as everything is scripted
So If the player wanted to player wanted to play as me, then they would have to play though 2 other chapters first

But allowing the player to choose has the exact opposite problem. It’s way harder to get any story done because we don’t know which chapter their going to choose. But it will be more fun for the player as they can ‘pick up’ any character they want anytime…

@pumpkinhead @awc95014

1 Like

maybe have the story change a bit depending on who is saved? and/or maybe have it so you may need to save certain characters first before you save one?

1 Like

How do you recommend it sould play out
(Use example, you > h.a > me

if we have some made-up characters, we can prioritize the real people (you, pkhead, hamzah, etc) over the fictional ones. maybe 2 or 3 of you are stuck in the same place, so getting you guys in the story is faster.

for example:

• purple glitch boi appears and wrecks everything
  • Hamzah and pkhead are stuck in the same place (2 people at a time together)
  • Kringle and I are somewhere else (2 people at a time together)
  • a few other fictional characters in other places (fictional so they can be by themselves or in pairs)
  • Tryo, the newcomer and Mina are still together, figuring out what to do (start with 2 real people, less need of unlocking real people so less are left out)

we find most of the real people first before finding the fictional characters. this way, we find them faster and people feel less left out.

for all the battles, we are allowed to pick a character we want that is available. For example:

• if everyone is together, you can pick from anyone.
  • when you just start out, you can only pick from the newcomer, Tryo, or Mina since they are the only ones there.
  • if pkhead and Hamzah are getting themselves out of trouble, you can pick from the 2 of them.
  • if there is something that only I can do (for some reason), I will be the only playable character.

so in short, stick to a strict script, but unlock IRL characters faster than fictional ones. maybe the IRL characters are in easier levels as well.

4 Likes