I want to add GIFs

Hi All, We have updated the test branch with a functioning gif importer. Give it a try! test.wickeditor.com

1 Like

Thanks, it seems to work perfectly!

2 Likes

Some gifs upload just find, but others don’t import at all. I find it weird since the gifs are all the same size. Other than that, I think it works good.

Hey @Zucanki, could you please send an example of a gif that doesn’t work? Hopefully we can fix it!

they also seem to make a wickobj with a generic name, maybe if the name could have a meaning. for example, for a gif called “awesomegif.gif” the wickobj would be named “awesomegif.wickobj” instead of something like “object.wickobj” or whatever the default is

@awc95014, this should be fixed in an update tomorrow!

1 Like

This is one of the gifs I have that doesn’t work. All of them are around the same size in terms of bit.

Hmm, this gif works for me. Would you mind sending me the Wick Project, (Or any wick project) you’re trying to upload this gif to?

I’m curious if this has something to do with the type of device you’re using.

Also, great animation!

I can’t send you the project since it’s a blank project, but I can send you a screenshot of what I’ve been dealing with. Basically, it tells me it’s importing, but never does.

What do you mean the device I’m using? The computer I’m using is a brand new HP laptop.

And thank you.

I assume it says importing files in the top right corner, and then that notification goes away but no files appear in the asset library. The same is happening for me.

Do you think that the frame rate has to be the same as the project? Meaning a 24 fps gif can’t be inserted unless the project frame rate is the same?

@James_F, the framerate shouldn’t effect the ability o upload but that is a good suggestion of something to look into. I think that somehow it is being effected by the type of browser/computer @Zucanki is on but I haven’t been able to get it to happen on my machines.

you can add gifs no matter what framerate, but if the gif fps is more/less than the project fps, it will animate at a different speed.

The browser I used is Firefox, but I tried it on Google Chrome and keep getting the same result. The computer I use is an HP Laptop.

I was also using Chrome but on a 2017 Mac so it isn’t a fresh computer. If a new HP is having issues than maybe it is something else. I haven’t been able to get any of 3 gifs (from Piskel, Gifs.com, and Tupitube) to go in.

Here’s a short video of what’s happening. Can you tell me what’s going on?

The problem is still persisting and I sent a video of what’s going and I haven’t gotten a reply within a month.

Sorry for the wait! I can view the file but not watch it, (probably parental controls) but when I can see it I’ll try to help.

I tried to view, says I need access - I think a photo of what’s happening might help if that’s ok @Zucanki

I was able to view it. The problem was that you couldn’t import anything. I don’t think I have this problem, so my best guess is to restart your computer, try other file types, see what it says in the developer tools console in “more tools” (in google chrome) and see what it says, or something like that.