My uncomplete game

I am pretty sure that the exported html file being large is (unfortunately) a given, since the Wick project file is just keeping data for the Wick Editor.

although the “repeating yourself in programming is bad” part is what I don’t get, so could you expound or clarify what you mean by that?

and with this one…

1. By initializing, do you mean like letting the objects start of with certain variables when beginning the game? if so you just place the stuff into the Default Script.

2. FOR the second question (haha hehe ♫), a FOR loop simply repeats an action for every iteration… at least until the condition is false.

for (let i = 0; i < 10; i++){
   let num = i + 1;
   console.log("Wahoo! I am brother " + num);
}

/*which results in:
Wahoo! I am brother 1
Wahoo! I am brother 2
Wahoo! I am brother 3
Wahoo! I am brother 4
*/

It’s pretty efficient for doing things over and over and over again without repetitively typing it out, though you should probably be careful that the for loop will end at some point to prevent our browsers from crashing…

There are 3 parts to it within the parenthesis:

• the counter variable counts each iteration starting from… well… whatever value you start on.
  • the Condition is self explanatory: it will keep running more iterations of the loop until it is false.
  • the third part is run after each iteration of the loop, usually reserved for adding to the counter variable, although I have heard that you could theoretically place anything in there.

I believe that is all there is to it.

3 Likes

I’m meaning that I repeated in the frames the acceleration like whenever I get to another frame I make another line of code which if I had a for loop I would have done it in the (“default”) clip
I can’t talk now I’m about to go and pray when I’ll come back I would talk

Ahhhhh it looks similar to C thanks I studied for loop and initializing in C so I understand how to do it, thanks again!

1 Like

though what is that thing “let”, is it just int in C or other languages?

I’m not familiar with C or any other programming languages (unfortunately), although from what I know, let in Javascript is a variable declaration that is only exclusive to that code block, be it inside a conditional, loop, or function.

mario = 0
if (mario < 5){
   let birdUp = 10;
}
console.log(birdUp) /* theoretically, this would not work because the
variable birdUp is only exclusive to the conditional statement's scope*/
1 Like

Is it a number?

let declares a variable so that it is exclusive to a scope, so if you declare a variable with a number using the let declaration, it is definitely yes. (i didn’t know why I didn’t summarize it like this)

1 Like

ok, thanks

1 Like

so in java script you don’t have to declare what is the type of the variable like number, text, Boolean expression

1 Like

it is definitely recommended to type var or let when declaring variables in JS, but yes.

2 Likes

ok got it, I understand now

@KringlePrinkles I think I cannot do this myself so if you can help I am not that much of a beginner I made a handful of programs and they were successful so I can help you with design and you help with syntax

Yes you can, It requires time and effort. Try over and over and just ask when you have tried enough. There is no other way. All of us started where you are right now… or worse… (at least you know a little bit of C language). Don’t give up. Start with small stuff, like a flappy bird, or small memory card game, so you can learn the basics.

1 Like

btw I’m not studying java script if I had it would’ve been maybe, easy but I’m not I’m really having good time with C I made maybe 4,5 or 6 but still programming is not something that when you learn a bit you’re all good you learn and you learn until it’s enough for you
and btw I don’t know I want to select the clip from the clip code editor(not in the timeline) but I don’t know how can you tell me how?
And thanks for the motivation

let me tell you I don’t want to learn java script yet sooooo I’ll wait maybe a month or so
so if you don’t have anything to do please help me

this is interesting… obviously needs improvement on the interactive gameplay… I hope you’ll make it better in the next builds. good work! :100:

1 Like

Should i Rate this? it is somehow gotten to the top of Wick Editor it pretty much went Viral inside of Wick editor

well, you’re always free to provide feedback for projects, unless they specifically ask for no feedback (which is kinda odd but whatever).

1 Like

i got bored so…i completed it…hope you dont mind
My Project9-3-2021_13-01-21.wick (776.2 KB)

ups forgot to tell…that the controller was using a and d key