[New Release] Wick Editor 1.19 - New Code Editor, Reference

so what’s the difference between the old and new hittests?

1 Like

It would be really cool if they make a hitTest as
accurate as a mouse touching an object on a
mouse- hover event, but Wick will always be
great either ways :+1:

i mean, i thought hitTest was always pixel-perfect

huh… never mind.

We’re adding 3 new hit test types, and a bunch of extra information that you can use as well! (Should make things like the platformer engine A LOT easier to write :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 different hitTest types? Wow, that gives us more choices to choose from!

Thank you Wick team for taking the time to make Wick better, and good luck with your next update

1 Like

Hey @Hamzah_Al_Ani @Jovanny @pumpkinhead and everyone else who’s a game maker on the forum! I’ve just updated the test branch with our new and improved object.hits() method. Would love you all to check out these new features and let us know what you think! @nick did the design and implementation for this!

Do we have a guide, or doc, or an example on how to use it?

It works if the objects are at the same level…

In this case I want player.yellow to collide with the wall
This code is under player Default

I need this so badly…

Here is the project:
My Project11-4-2020_10-48-18AM.wick (2.3 KB)

exciting news!!
you are doing a great job

Test example is this project: https://forum.wickeditor.com/uploads/short-url/kzA7JN6hPS1sMK85iYFoo4q2WXz.wick .

I’ll be updating the website with a reference item for it once we push this to live. @Jovanny, I’ll make sure that when this is live it will work with child objects!

2 Likes

Thank you!.. I’ll be putting the hits function under test after work… so I can tell you how better is in terms of performance.

Final performance updates aren’t quite done yet but I’d love a comparison (We’ll be adding something that should be significantly faster under the hood).

Got it… Thank you!

Did u use a “quadtree structure” for the new hitTest?

I tried to play around with the “hit,” I actually think it’s better than the older “hitTest”!
Some results looked not much different from the original hitTest, but it’s improving :D

Thank u wick team!

Woah that’s cool, especially the convex collision detection. @nick is very smart, how does he figure out how to do these things?

We don’t have a quadtree in there yet, but are planning on adding it. This version does have a few speed improvements, but we plan on adding the quadtree in for 1.19 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1.19 when you open the script editor to add code editor is not on focus
you need to click on it before typing
small thing but annoying

I keep posting bugs I found.Hope this wont bother you
wick is already very good. I would like to make it even better

1 Like

Reporting bugs does not bother me! I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

2 Likes

I have mixed opinions about this update, but even then, i still like the current version lol