Wicky Adventures 1.2 Now in Development

The one currently in development, Flashy Adventures, is performing at 36/36 FPS in my main PC. I have another PC with less resources. A Macbook Air 2015. For this mac the FPS decreases to 20/36. Overall, It is lagging a lot less in that Mac than with the previous Wicky Adventures. The catch is that my development process is like 3 times slower, since I’m converting all the vector graphics into PNGs using a 3rd party software.

1 Like

great work jovanny !!!

one of the things that could added to wick is some kind of sprites sheets management for handling game animations with raster images

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, I was in school

I just tried making an example, and realized that although it works, no code is run, so I decided to use “addClip” instead of “push” to add a clip to the array, and it still didn’t work, yet everything inside the clip timeline worked greatly.

So you’ll just need to make sure to have all the code inside of the clip. You can probably do this by re-clipping the clip. Then it should work correctly :+1:

Here’s a working example:
My Project3-12-2021_9-35-41.wick (3.0 KB)

3 Likes

Great. No problem, I should be able to try it in a couple of hours… I’ll let you know then.
(@Hamzah_Al_Ani, no matter what is going on in these forums, school is first. Never do it the other way around) Thank you for all the help Sr.

2 Likes

I see… it is working… great achievement @Hamzah_Al_Ani. :thinking: I’ll be doing some experiments to see how to use this the best way possible. I will go back to you when a figure a good pattern.

4 Likes

Ok… Here we go… 1st thank you, because of you I could make this important function… Which will be useful for performance…

I made an API of one function with what I needed. It is easy to use, and everyone can use it…
Here it is:

(Updated)
MoveClipAPI.wick (4.1 KB)

@Hamzah_Al_Ani, your name will be on the credits… and you will have beta access for testing. : )

3 Likes

what does childIndex do? They’re all 0’s for the 3 clones you made in that sample project.

(this is gonna actually help a ton with FFR)

1 Like

I’m glad that this works :D
The function you created makes it really ez to use

Wick places the objects in every frame in their own array.
The “childIndex” is the array number of the specific object you want to clone

Ex: If you have two objects in a frame, then the child index Jovanny has in his function would refer to one object if it’s set to 0, and refer to the other if it’s set to 1 (that’s why they’re all set to zero’s in the example).

2 Likes

so if 2 clips are in 1 frame and clip1 is on top of clip2, childIndex 0 refers to clip1 and childIndex 1 refers to clip2 (or vice versa, but that’s the main idea), right?

3 Likes

Correct

This is how pumpkinhead made the layers code
(by changing the array number of objects)

Yes, clips in the back are 0, and going forward, their index increases

2 Likes

I didn’t know that what you made was possible until you posted it… I just exported an empty wick zip file and I started looking at the wickengine.js file.

1 Like

when are you going to post the next update @Jovanny?

1 Like

Working hard on it… I’m also doing tutorials,and other stufff… I would say April. I’m doing more than an update, its a complete remake.

1 Like

Flashy Adventures Tech demo preview: (To be released at some point in April)

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 8.30.03 PM

4 Likes

Direkt me the link on the top to the newsest Version?

I’ll be releasing the re-make this month… stay tuned. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I’ll be releasing the Flashy Adventures Tech demo later today, stay tuned. :cowboy_hat_face:
(Still working on it… too much work)

4 Likes

oh i can’t wait to see it!

can you send an html file to me

Here is the wick file: