MAJOR RULES explained, or simply restated in one post

I’ve decided to go more into detail with discussing the rules. The good thing is that @Luxapodular does mention the rules straight and simple here (thank you Luca), but I’ll try to go into more description of what these rules mean here, as well as go over the code of conduct and the FAQ. Also, why am I typing this out? I don’t know, but it might help some fellas understand the rules more.

To start off with, you must be 13 years old or more to HAVE an account. If you already have an account, and your not older than 12 (meaning +13), your account is in the risk of getting removed. What should you do? I recommend being honest and letting a moderator know, or simply log out of your account and you can still read posts that may help you with using the Editor. If anyone feels like that someone else is underage, what should you do? I would personally recommend either mentioning this rule, mentioning all of the rules, give them a reminder, or simply don’t do anything since everyone should have access to the rules.

Be kind is a big rule. Kindness might be one word, but it’s also the antonym of millions of other words! This means that no bullying is allowed, follow the Golden rule, avoid all kinds of violence, try to make everyone feel welcomed, avoid speaking about religion, respect everyone’s beliefs, don’t reply in situations that can lead you to trouble, flag or ignore all rude posts, and there’s more to add on to this list. You should at all times use your common sense to know what to post and what to not post. If common sense isn’t enough for you to know if something is ok to post, then post nothing! Life is that simple, no need to have things that can be rude but are following the rules in a complicated way, let’s keep everything simple please.

Luxapodular does also mention some behaviors that are unacceptable

Follow the Golden Rule at all times!

The second rule, right after being kind, is no spamming! If a post is not related to Wick, it can be considered as spam. If the post uses unrecognized characters, it can also be considered as spam.

If a post is empty (I know I was the first one to type out an empty post) it will be considered as spam.

Anything that helps no one or serves no purpose can be considered as spam. If you’re trying to pass the 10 character limit by spamming, just know that (as @awc95014 mentions in this thread) the 10 character limit has a reason for its existence. If you want to say ok, or anything less than 10 characters, don’t add a “bottom text” or a “jhrbfhsbrjhfbhjrbfh” or anything else to your post to avoid that. Rather than doing so, try improving your post by adding useful details or compliments (don’t add anything negative).

This also connects to rule 7, only Wick Editor related content. Any post that isn’t connected to the forums or wick or the thread it’s included in is considered as spam.

If a topic isn’t against the rules, but is really long, it’s better to use the hide details button. You can learn how to use this by going through discobot’s tutorials!

This is a simple and should be an easier rule to follow. I know that most of the new people on the Wick Forums probably are here with lots of questions, and don’t know where to look. Therefore, they create a topic to ask a question. The topic they create most of the times already exists, and sometimes people who can’t find the answers to their questions also create a new topic. Then, we can have 5 to 10 topics asking about gravity, 3 to 5 asking about creating platformers, 2 to 7 asking about collision, and all of that kinda stuff. If people use the search bar or click ctrl+F they should be able to find what they need by typing a key word.
Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 1.38.02 PM

If there’s a post that you found with your answers, and it could be old or new, and you don’t understand it at all (since it could be about as old as the legacy editor or any other old version or just simply confusing), you should then look for another thread that holds the answers to your question. If you fail, you may make a reply (don’t create a new topic) to the confusing thread with questions.

If you find no thread with your question(s), or with answer(s), then you may create a new topic that must have a good name so that other people with the same question can find it easily!

Overall, the point here is to avoid re-creating an existing topic. But wait, aren’t I recreating an existing topic right now? Not really since I’m going trying to explain all of Wicks rules in general.

Listen to moderators! If a moderator asks you to do something, don’t reply, “I don’t care” or anything that can be considered as rude. Try to respect moderators the same way you would respect the president. Do not [at all] say “no” to a moderator. You must understand that they’re simply trying to do their jobs peacefully.

If you disagree with a moderator, you can try to tell them that you disagree but with a reason, and avoid going against rule 1. Anyone is able to say no to a moderator by stating a reason and doing it respectfully, but if you’re the type who has no reason to say disagree, yet believes that they should, then it’s better to ask the moderators why rather than telling them no.

Anyone is able to send a private message to moderators. Click this button: @moderators, then click the message button.
Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 2.31.02 PM

Then you should be able to ask them questions. Please don’t send them useless messages or any type of message that can be answered by anyone. Thank you!

Don’t share any type of content that can be seen as dangerous or Not Safe For Work (NSFW)

If you see any type of NSFW content, flag it! If you don’t know how to flag posts, ask @discobot (hopefully I’ll remember to add a section to this of how to flag a post).

This is an important rule. I will not go into details about this rule, but please keep this forums a safe place, and avoid having any non-safe content here!

If you see any type of content that goes against the rules, flag it! If you don’t want to be the reason for getting anyone banned or getting in trouble, please know that if you don’t flag a post, other people will then be able to see it. It is always best to flag a post, but on the other hand, if it wasn’t something worth flagging, or if the user is new and the post isn’t highly dangerous or disrespectful, you can try to reply to the user to remind them of the rules, and request that they edit or delete their post.

If you don’t like a post that has nothing wrong, or your too lazy to delete your post, you don’t have to flag it! It’s not the smartest thing to flag a post made by you lol, but the point is to have a reason to flag things!

Ok! This is a BIG rule! If a post is:

• Off-topic
  • Not related to Wick Editor or the Wick Forums
  • Benefits no one
  • Doesn’t help anyone with scripting
  • Isn’t useful with helping people with animating
  • Isn’t a tutorial to help with using or creating with the editor
  • Doesn’t have a logical purpose
  • Possibly meant for entertaining purposes that aren’t related to Wick
  • etc.

Then it is more likely to be against this rule!

This rule has been confusing lately, therefore my explanation of this rule may not be the best. In general, you can’t link anything that isn’t related Wick Editor, or the thread your using, or is for entertaining purposes. If it’s a normale link that’s not Wick Related or related to the thread in any way, it is also not allowed even if it didn’t link to another chat area since it can be seen as advertising. Advertising is one of the things you can report people for.
Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 3.12.53 PM

Let me make it clear that advertising is not allowed AT ALL! Good thing is that no one has advertised before (even if someone did, I wouldn’t mention it).

Linking to other chat rooms though can be confusing. If your for example working on a wick project and you are working with a team, you might be able to link another place to chat with your team and organize things in order to avoid going against any other rule (of course if you were replying with useless posts like, “hi,” and “ok”). Now, if people start getting off-topic or starting to go against the rules, can they decide to move their conversation somewhere else? I would recommend leaving the conversation, or connecting it to something that’s not against the rules.

Try your best to not link any chat rooms or private discussion areas!

No personal information at all! Don’t share real names, any email addresses, don’t share phone numbers at all (against rule 8), do not share locations, don’t share any type of information that only you and people that live near you know, don’t share any secrets (no one seems interested in knowing any secrets), don’t share other peoples information, don’t ASK for any type of private information, don’t force someone to give you private information, don’t share any type of money information on the forums, don’t share any type of credit cards information, don’t ask for these information, don’t share any passwords on the forums, don’t ask for passwords either, don’t share your google accounts information, nor share any type of accounts information, don’t share anything that can lead anyone to finding your information (this includes names of course), and don’t ask for any of these things in general, and there are more types of private information that you shouldn’t share in which aren’t listed here, so please be reasonable and try to not share any type of private information on the forums. The forums is not the safest place to do this!

Now can you tell stories? Are the stories related to Wick in any matter of forum? If not, then I recommend not. If yes, you can probably tell stories that are wick related as long as you don’t give out any type of private information, don’t go against any of the rules, and try to keep it short. If this is not correct, anyone can try to correct this (it’s a wiki).

Rule number 10 is really about getting banned. If you get banned, you’ll have to be ok with it. If I get banned, I would honestly thank the moderators if they had a good reason, and if there was no reason, I’ll just have to go with the flow. I get banned, I’m out… wait, can I get banned for explaining the rules here if I make a mistake? Anyways, if you get banned, understand that it’s for a good reason. Do not try to make another account to point out that you were banned. Chill and don’t get mad, the mods are just doing their jobs.

If you see a post that can get someone banned, and you don’t want that person to get banned, just flag it, or give that person a warning to have em change or delete their post (if the post can hurt anyone if seen, it’s best to flag right away before anyone else finds it).

Now, the code of conduct!

I’ve created a copy of the code of conduct here:

Wick Editor Code of Conduct

• Be mindful of your language. Any of the following behavior is unacceptable:
    • Offensive comments related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, language, neuro-type, size, ability, class, religion, culture, subculture, political opinion, age, skill level, occupation, or background
  • Threats of violence
    • Deliberate intimidation
    • Sexually explicit or violent material that is not contextualized and preceded by a considerate warning
    • Unwelcome sexual attention
    • Stalking or following
    • Or any other kinds of harassment

Use your best judgement. If it will possibly make others uncomfortable, do not post it.

• Be respectful. Disagreement is not an opportunity to attack someone else’s thoughts or opinions. Although views may differ, remember to approach every situation with patience and care.
  • Be considerate. Think about how your contribution will affect others in the community.
  • Be open minded. Embrace new people and new ideas. Our community is continually evolving and we welcome positive change.

Reporting

If you believe someone is violating the code of conduct, we ask that you report it by emailing contact@wickeditor.com. Please include your username and a description of the incident, and we will get back to you ASAP.

Sometimes, participants violating the Code of Conduct are unaware that their behavior is harmful, and an open conversation clears things up to move forward. However, if a participant continues with the behavior, the Wick Editor team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Wick Editor spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Wick Editor members or the general public.

This statement is licensed under a Creative Commons license. Please feel free to share and remix with attribution.

This is the code of conduct exactly copy pasted here (since it was copy pasted, there can be some errors). You can always find it here!

To start off, you must be mindful of your language! Please don’t make any comments that can be related to someone’s looks, identity, beliefs/culture, abilities, language, context, age, any type of personal information, and etc.

Also, don’t post any type of threats on the forums! This means that you shouldn’t make anyone feel unwelcomed! This counts as bullying! Please avoid posting any type of NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content (rule 5). Don’t make anyone uncomfortable, and please try to speak with respect to make everyone feel welcomed!

Always be respectful, if you disagree with someone, don’t reply against them disrespectfully! You can simply state that you disagree, and then give a reason. If you state no reason, and simply state that you disagree with someone, just understand that your post has no structure nor purpose other than stating someone is incorrect, which isn’t considered as a respectful comment. You must also be considerate, think of how your posts can affect anyone. If it can hurt, attack, or cause trouble with anyone, it’s best to not post it at all. Always be open minded and try to spread positive comments on the forums!

You can also email contact@wickeditor.com to report anyone who you feel like is going against Wick Editor’s Code of Conduct. You can also flag their post, but remember that sometimes people don’t notice that they’re going against the rules. It can be best to let them know with a reply, but if they continue, then you may report or flag their posts.

Moving on to the FAQ…

This place is a civilized place for public discussion!
You must act professional/ respectful on the forums. The rules aren’t difficult to follow, they’re all straightforward and easy rules to understand that are their to “aid the human judgment” and keep the forums a clean and peaceful place to chat on. Since the forums are a public place, you must understand the your posts can be seen and affect a lot of people. Therefore, please think twice before posting anything!

Also, try to improve the discussion! Try to improve discussions and take a positive part in everything! If someone posts their work, and you think that their work isn’t as great as possible, or if no one replies to them for some time, it’s best to take apart and make the owner of the masterpiece feel encouraged by giving a compliment about their work. If there work needs great improvements, start off by stating a compliment, and then twist your sentence by adding in a suggestion.

You must also be agreeable even if you disagree! You are allowed to disagree with something, but as stated in the FAQ, please remember to “criticize ideas, not people.” Try to avoid any rude comments, and provide reasonable arguments structured with purposes for your opinion.

Your participation counts! Try to engage in conversations that make the forums an interesting place to be in, and anything that doesn’t is best to be avoided. You also have different tools that you can use, in which include: