Wick Editor Forum Rules

Wick Editor Forum Rules

Hi All, as our community grows we believe it’s important to outline some concrete rules everyone should follow while posting on the forum. These rules run in addition to our code of conduct. Please consider both when posting on the forum.

Rule 0: Age - You must be at least 13 years old to have an account on the Wick Forums.

Rule 1: Be Kind - All Wick Editor Forum Users are expected to be kind to one another.

Any of the following behavior is unacceptable:

• Offensive comments related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, language, neuro-type, size, ability, class, religion, culture, subculture, political opinion, age, skill level, occupation, or background

• Threats of violence

• Deliberate intimidation

• Sexually explicit or violent material that is not contextualized and preceded by a considerate warning

• Unwelcome sexual attention

• Stalking or following

• Or any other kinds of harassment

Use your best judgement. If it will possibly make others uncomfortable, do not post it.

Rule 2: Reduce Spam - No Spam. Spamming in large paragraphs, images, excessive reports, or memes is not allowed. We’re working to keep this forum a great place for people to learn about Wick Editor, spam hurts our ability to do that!

Rule 3: Reduce Excessive Topics - You should not create topics for discussions or concept that already exist. Do your best to follow up on existing topics with questions and comments.

Rule 4: Listen to the Moderators - If a moderator asks you to do something reasonable, you should comply. If you have a question that only a moderator can answer, you can call on @moderators for a response.

Rule 5: No NSFW Content - You may not post any content considered “Not Safe For Work”. This includes but is not limited to any content that is sexual in any way, excessively violent, excessively crude, or cruel content.

Rule 6: Flag Rule-Breaking Content - If you see rule breaking, or potentially rule braking content on the forum, flag it and a moderator will deal with that as soon as possible. Do not flag content just because you don’t like it. Only flag content if it potentially breaks the rules.

Rule 7: Only Wick Editor Content - This forum should only include content that relates to Wick Editor, meaning questions, comments, or work created in Wick Editor and for Wick Editor. Off-topic posts are prohibited.

Rule 8: No Linking to Chatrooms or Private Discussion Forums - Any posts which encourage users to join a game room, chat room, discussion forum, or private forum off site are prohibited. Linking to Wick Editor Games or Projects that are on other websites is allowed, but cannot be paired with invitations to forums.

Rule 9: No Personal Information - No personal information should be posted on the forum, including but not limited to names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, locations, etc. This includes posting your own information.

Rule 10: Bans - A user can be banned at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to breaking a rule on this post. If a user commits an action that is not listed here, but moderators consider a bannable offense, that user will be banned.

Rule 11: Remixing - When showing your work on the Wick Editor forum, you should expect it to be remixed, recreated, or re shared with others! When remixing someone else’s work, you must credit them and let other’s know where the work came from. Review my note on remixing.

Rule 12: Ban Evasion - All rules apply to people, not to accounts. If you create an alternate account to avoid a ban or suspension, you will be permanently banned.

6 Likes
Forum fighters Old HQ
StickMan Randomness (new collab)
G o t o c h u r c h
Vage Fighting Collab (dead and closed)
Wick talent show! ( Closed )
Addition to new Clip Animation Setting
Lipsyncing
Myself and animations
Collab: Small rhythm game + mod
Minecraft Animation Collab!
Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)
Sharing projects
Pixel Lide (Pixel art/ animations!)
How to create horror through level design: Tension, Jump Scares, and Chase Sequences
A FNF Tutorial Part 1: Animation
Add-ons store website coded in html css and js
Hey guy i making a club if you're interested
How do you show your animations on the Wick Editor Forums?
Let’s Funk - Collab
Let’s Funk - Collab
Sharing Wick Editor Projects for Middle Schoolers
Got an empty head 😞
Referencing Assets Externally
Dranster Attack
Fourms are better
StickMan Randomness (new collab)
MAJOR RULES explained, or simply restated in one post
Who wants to help in skiller catcher (my game)
Forum Fighters (not-as-old post, but still outdated)
Among Us - Can Can (Extended version)
S.S (new megathread for 6&7)
Trying to make a object show
Collaboration time!
Trying to make a object show
AOT stick figure animation
I made 2 Games with AI Art (Mobile Friendly 📱✔️ )
S.S (new megathread for 6&7)
Hi there I am boo boo!
How to code?
Animation Contest
Will I get banned by flagging my own post?
Tetris Dev Jam
(Almost) Everything About Wick Editor
Account Suspended for spam?

So what does this mean for the online chess game project made in Wick Editor?

1 Like

Creating an online chess game in wick, and sharing moves on the forum is allowed. Linking to alternate platforms is not however.

By join a game room, I’m referring to more recent posts that shared things like Among Us codes, links to non-Wick Editor discords, and other posts that put users in a separate environment.

3 Likes

So does that mean that we can make a cloud chess game (or anything really) as long as it doesn’t have a chat function (or other way to “talk” to others)?

or do you mean we can send screenshots (through the forum) of a chessboard with pieces that were made with wick?

Hey, @baron, I think we can make anything in Wick Editor, but we can’t share content that’s related to chatrooms or any type of non- Wick related things on the forums.

There’s an option in the settings to share our location… but that’s against rule number 9…

I’m not against anything, but isn’t that kind of ironic?

1 Like

Sharing your location and name is a Discourse thing, and Wick uses Discourse for the forum. Maybe it’s just something that Wick can’t remove from the system, so it’s just there.

It’s best to just go with the rules even if there are spaces/areas intended for doing stuff you shouldn’t do, like sharing your location. I mean yeah, the mods are sharing their location and name (at least Luxapodular, not sure about zrispo), but they’re mods. We’re not. (abrupt ending because idk how to end this naturally)

(If you don’t know, Discourse is a platform to make forums for “civilized discussion.”)

I’m not against the rules or anything, I just made that post to let the moderators know that they might need to make changes to the forums, but thanks for explaining it further

I’ll be removing these elements by the end of the day. Thanks for pointing it out!

2 Likes

Thank you @Luxapodular for taking the time to make the forums great :D

(That was fast, the location settings are already gone from my profile settings)

Can there be a rule for people to fall for Indian tech support scams

is this, like, a joke that i don’t understand or something?