Congratulations to Hamzah_Al_Ani and Pixel Lide!

I added the file format and got it working in two days. pumpkinhead’s code helped me with making the files download, but it took me long to know how to read files, I had to research it, but this link helped. I wasn’t planning on creating a new “.blob” file format, but I found it possible and got it working

I started developing the concept and planning on how to make the game with the time that I had three minutes after Luca made that post, and ever since I started, the hackathon really gave me all the motivation I needed :)

3 Likes

Congratulation @Hamzah_Al_Ani, Pixel Lide looks cool.

2 Likes

Wow that is so cool

hey there @Hamzah_Al_Ani can you plz put this as your game intro and pleease give me credit

here is the wick file Blob (68.7 KB)

1 Like

pixel lide isn’t a game more like a animation tool. websites don’t have intro’s

1 Like

Yes, like @MrDashell mentioned, Pixel Lide doesn’t need an intro because it’s an animation software. That is still a really good animation, thank you for taking the time to make it :+1:

1 Like

just a suggestion, ask if someone needs something first, then make it if they say yes. don’t do it the other way around and feel discouraged if they say they don’t need/want it.

3 Likes

@Jovanny @Luxapodular I haven’t received the lego gift card yet, but I’m currently building a Raspberry Pi 4 web server for my portfolio website and for general stuff, like an ebook reader, music player, retropie player, and I’ll code the Google Cloud voice assistant. I was wondering if I could substitute the Lego gift card for an Arduino or Pimoroni one (Even if it’s half the price)? I seriously doubt it but just thought I’d ask since I don’t use Legos.

1 Like

I don’t have anything to do with that particular competition. (Be patient)

2 Likes

@Hamzah_Al_Ani what do you plan to do with your $100 adafruit gift card?

Thanks for asking!
(Always feel free to ask any questions any time)
Straightforward answer: I really don’t know

2 Likes

@Hamzah_Al_Ani I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN GET
So there’s this AWESOME game creator called quadplay✜ (It’s basically a pixel version of Wick, but it’s for making games), and you can find the demo here: quadplay demo that perfectly shows what it’s capable of, and the best part is that you can make and play games on any laptop, desktop, tablet, phone, Windows system, Mac OS system, Linux, Tegra, and most importantly, Raspberry Pi. And here are the features:

Features
  • Play your games in any modern web browser on a laptop, desktop, tablet, phone, Raspberry Pi 4, or Jetson Nano
  • 60 fps @ 384 x 224 pixels = 12:7 aspect ≈ 16:9.3
  • 4096 sRGB (4:4:4) colors
  • Four players with virtual controls for D-pad and eight buttons
  • Local and safe remote shared-screen multiplayer
  • Supports Xbox, Playstation, SNES, Stadia, Switch, 8bitdo, touch screen, and other controllers
  • Hundreds of built-in sprites, sounds, and fonts
  • Program in PyxlScript, a friendly Python-like language
  • Order-independent, 4-bit alpha transparency
  • Native 2.5D graphics with z-order
  • 9.4 MB of total sprite memory
  • Up to 64 sprite and font sheets of up to 1024x1024
  • Optional 384 x 224, 320 x 180, 192 x 112, 128 x 128, and 64 x 64 screen modes
  • Free and open source

BEFORE YOU GET A RASPBERRY PI:
You should get the Raspberry Pi 4, and if you plan on connecting it to a monitor, I recommend getting the Raspberry Pi 400. If you want to make a pocket desktop like I did, I would get a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB and a Pimoroni HyperPixel 4" Touchscreen display, or a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB (Currently out of stock on Adafruit) and a Pimoroni HyperPixel 4" non touchscreen display. Of course you must have a Power Supply and a Micro SD Card and adapter. You may want to 3D print a case for the board and the 4" screen too.

I WISH YOU LUCK ON YOUR RASPBERRY PI JOURNEY

2 Likes

I just ordered my raspberry pi setup I CANT WAIT

2 Likes

Hey @nuggetofwisdom, you should have received an email from Mozilla about this as of yesterday!

1 Like

I did! Kristina said she CC’d the Youth Zone Wranglers and their MozFest team program manager, Zannah who said they’d email back to help (I haven’t received one yet)

1 Like

@Luxapodular I never received an email

1 Like

check your spam maybe.

1 Like

There’s nothing there too

1 Like

Hazmah al Alini always looked up to your work man and also can you do a favour and either give me the links of your tutorials on youtube as i really eed to get back into coding

I used to have a tutorial or two on yt but I think I removed them. I was planning on recreating them with dialogue so you can expect me to share a couple tutorials on yt next week or so.

I do have some tutorials on the forums, if any might interest you

11 tutorials, I expected to only find 2 or 3 lol
Keep in mind that some are from up to 2 years ago and haven’t been modified since.
You could probably find more though in the #demos-and-tutorials category

I’d like to also mention @Jovanny’s tutorials on YouTube:

2 Likes